Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Multiple Slave Remotes

Reaction score
Trying to connect a 2nd Slave Remote Controller. Anyone know how to do this? It clearly states on the DJI website: "multiple slave controllers supported" although I just spent an hour and a half with a support person on chat at DJI who ultimately decided that multiple slave controllers are not supported. I'm confused because I heard about multiple slave remote controllers at the Inspire 2 launch and it says it on the website also. My goal is to have the 3rd Remote Controller at Video Village to display the image in professional manner.

It should be the same exact process as when you joined the first slave remote to your master. On the slave search for available master remotes, and connect them that way.

Have you tried that yet?

If so what errors were you getting or what roadblocks were you seeing?

Thanks Jason,
After having both Master and Slave connected, I added the 2nd Slave through the same process, however the connection status shows OFF. I then turned off the 1st Slave and then connected the 2nd and that would work. So then with the 1st Slave off and 2nd Slave successfully connected, I turned the 1st Slave on: It would continuously make the "double beep connected" sound every few seconds but the light wouldn't turn from purple to green and although it's connection status was ON it shows a transfer rate of 0.00Mbps. I tried this in many configurations including recalibrating each remote and switching the tablets around to see if it was the DJI 4 App but nothing solved it. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully done this and if so, how?

I think they mean you can have multiple slave controllers, but not all at the same time. You can only have one connected at a time far as I know.

Out of curiosity what would 3 controllers be doing simultaneously?

We had a jumbo tron being fed by one of the slave controllers so the crowed could see the drone video, A second slave controller set up in the Remote TV Truck broadcasting live on TV, and a 3rd slave remote controlling the Camera. Master remote flying the drone.

We had a jumbo tron being fed by one of the slave controllers so the crowed could see the drone video, A second slave controller set up in the Remote TV Truck broadcasting live on TV, and a 3rd slave remote controlling the Camera. Master remote flying the drone.
Very cool.

Is this for the NFL pro bowl by chance. :p

Did you get this to work. I noticed an issue with trying to setup my 2nd one is that if the mobile device isn't on exactly the same GO APP version as the other ones it won't work. So you need to make sure all devices are the exact same version of the Go app 4.

Did you get this to work. I noticed an issue with trying to setup my 2nd one is that if the mobile device isn't on exactly the same GO APP version as the other ones it won't work. So you need to make sure all devices are the exact same version of the Go app 4.

Thanks for this idea. I checked and confirmed everything is on the same Go 4 app. I've gotten in touch with a couple DJI techs and they confirmed that it is not yet possible to connect a 2nd Slave Remote (total of 3 or more remotes). I'm just gonna hope they enable this at some point. Thanks for everyone's input!

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Just chiming in that I'm trying to do the same thing and no luck. Latest app, same version on all 3 devices.

It would be pretty **** cool if DJI would release a simple slave box specifically for this purpose. No need for the sticks and all that extra stuff. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

Reactions: Lee
Any further development on a solution for this? This is absolutely needed if there is no stand alone device to allow for video feed only.

Last edited:
In UgCS 2.13 (internal beta at the moment) we implemented posibility to remotely control drone's camera. It was made for particular customer - police of big city with common command center, and will be included in standard UgCS Enterprise version

URL removed by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zeilstar and Lee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla