Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Music on homepage of your business websites

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I just wanted to get your thoughts from those of you operating aerial video businesses (multipurpose: property-sale/rental, survey, event, sports etc) on whether it is a good idea to have homepage autoplay showreels set to music... so when someone lands on your homepage music is automatically playing.... would like to know the pros and cons...what are most people doing?

Any/all comments welcome!

I think it can work for an against you, in many ways it gets straight into the action, but for many people they simply want to digest a bit more first, and sometimes just click off the page if they feel they are being bombarded. Especially if the content is not to their instant liking.

I would probably make it obvious the video is there to play with a play icon, and focus on making it obvious what you are about.

There is no definitive answer to this, everyone will have a different view. I personally think people are bombarded with stuff these days online, so for me I prefer to give them a bit more respect, secondly, they might be on mobile connections if they know your page is eating into their bandwidth without their consent, they might straight up close it and not come back.

NO!!! It is annoying as heck as are web pages that load YouTube videos and play them in the background or some covered sidebar or scroll down on some screens to find them to shutthem off. Some people have really crummy connection speeds and a costly data plan where that stuff eats up resources or money.

Reactions: Kilrah
No music. If someone wants it, they will push play on your video. Do NOT surprise people, esp if they are at work.

There is no reason why you have to dictate the sound on your site. Remember you site is about conversion, and for me, unrequested sound converts people to moving away from you site.

Thanks for all your comments so far, guys ..... all valid points and very helpful to me .....

I'll echo the comments against autoplaying music. I don't mind an autoplaying video (PC only, not on mobile) if it's as the background. Autoplaying music makes me click off the site in most cases. Just make the video play button very obvious, something like a 'Click for Showreel' button and give people the option.

Autoplaying music instantly makes your site appear like it's out of the early 2000s.

Autoplaying animations without sound are nice, and will eventually get me to click on your more in-depth videos with sound this time if they please me along with the text.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb