Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My crazy drone crash video - massive forest

Reaction score
My friend and I just had a great experience making a video about this guy who makes axes in his garage.

While we were filming one of the critical forest shots, we had an unfortunate loss of communication with my drone, after which we found the gimbal and drone in shambles after the thing circled around the trees, lost.

The good news is, we got the part of the shot we needed! Take a look at the full spot (opening shot pre-crash) and there's another one later in the spot. I hope you enjoy. We shot on a Phantom 2

And the actual Drone crash:

Welcome to the forum, looks like classic toilet bowl effect from a compass that was out of calibration. Did you try switching to ATTI mode to regain control?

Also, this forum is focused primarily on the Inspire 1. You might try posting this to Phantom Pilots instead. Some members get pretty upset when non Inspire 1 stuff is posted here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welcome to the forum, looks like classic toilet bowl effect from a compass that was out of calibration. Did you try switching to ATTI mode to regain control?

Also, this forum is focused primarily on the Inspire 1. You might try posting this to Phantom Pilots instead. Some members get pretty upset when non Inspire 1 stuff is posted here.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL! I don't even think it is a DJI product.

Hah, you guys are good, picking out what it is by the footage. Thanks for the comments. And yes for the footage discrepancy -- gopro 3 for the drone and Red Scarlet is what we shot the rest of the commercial on. We tried our best to match the footage with color grading

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
russiananytime