Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My First "CRASH"!

Reaction score
I have logged a few hundred uneventful flights since purchasing my Inspire1 in the Spring of 2015. Had not flown in a while so I took the batteries, radio and IPad out for a charge. Left my Inspire1 in travel mode with the case open on the couch. I had to run a few errands before leaving on a trip early tomorrow AM. Batteries were all charged and I thought about closing up the case before heading out, then thought "I'll do it later".

I had returned and was sitting at the kitchen table when I heard my wife say from the other room "OH WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!"

One of my 3 dogs "Ace" a rambunctious 2 year old 85lb GSD being the prime suspect had jumped on the couch and knocked my Inspire1 on the floor. My Inspire1 was resting upside down on the floor with the top of my Inspire1 floor side down still in the open case. I instantly got a sickening feeling in my stomach, almost afraid to look.

No visible damage noted during a quick inspection.

No time to test fly but I did fire it up, exited travel mode and checked both IMU and Compass Calibration, both normal and motors started normally.

I will have to check very carefully when I mount propellers and hoping gimble and camera,that hit the floor but were sealed in their case are OK.

I am hoping I dodged a bullet.

The moral of the story, don't expose your expensive toy to any additional and unnecessary risks through laziness, procrastination or carelessness.

I was DUMB and guilty of all three, just hope I am lucky.....

Last edited:
Ouch, bad news. Hope it turns it ok. On the bright side, the pup probably has no idea anything is wrong!

Dog is very well behaved he just gets excited when someone pulls in the driveway. The blame is all mine.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla