Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My First Inspire Crash

here is a picture of the two props that broke and an unbroken one for comparison. Notice they are both black so it's possible I got some assistance in the fact that they were on opposite corners.

Attachments

• 20150118_103444.jpg
    20150118_103444.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
VERY lucky! Something like that is my biggest fear when out flying mine. Looking at the blades' damage pattern...I think is part of what kept the bird in the air. First that they broken blades were on opposite corners. And also the blade that took the most damage...it lost relatively the same amount on each end, allowing it to stay relatively balanced. If it had lost a large part on just one end of the blade, it would have vibrated violently, probably bringing the Inspire down. I'm also impressed that (from what I believe I saw), that it was nearly upside down, and it righted itself. That was impressive. I hope I never take a tumble, but if I do I hope it turns out this well!

Maybe cold weather, and bad flying did this one in, thankfully not too bad. I first saw the snow and thought battery failure.

Love how crash threads are always titled "My first crash". Always implies that you're expecting more! Lol.

Plenty of surface area left on those props! Probably wouldn't even bother changing them! :p

I inadvertently flew my p3 with a broken carbon prop for about a month before I realised! Just the tip had snapped off and I never even noticed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez