Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Inspire 1 Crash

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum here. I recently bought my inspire 1 v2.0 after upgrading from my Phantom 3 Pro. I took it on a trip away to France 4 days after buying it and i flew it over a frozen lake directly in front of me. I don't have the slightest clue what happened but from take off i flew it straight ahead at the same altitude i was (10ft), whilst focusing on my tablet screen i suddenly had no signal and i looks dup and the drone was on the ice! An absolute nightmare, as it was brand new. However i have since sent it off to Heliguys to get a repair quote and they've come back to me with a quote of £1150 for everything, which i find a bit excessive! So i'm going to have a go at doing this myself or selling it for spares if anyone is interested. Here is what damage it caused.

Zenmuse X3 main flex cable has snapped however the camera itself is perfect. However i can't source a replacement flex cable anywhere!

Inspire 1v2.0 X3 absorbing board has snapped.

The plastic tube clamp has snapped so need a replacement clamp (however i can't buy these anywhere and have to buy the whole boom arm!)

The metal O ring next to the tube clamp has also snapped in one place

Smaller support arm has come out of its little socket as the socket has cracked.

One motors plastic quick release top bit has broken.

Other than this the craft still works electrically well and enters travel mode and landing mode with no problems. Any help on fixing this would be great, or any offers on buying the craft to repair yourself will also be fine! Obviously ill sell the controller with the craft but keep the battery for a new one. Let me know if any of you can help fix it!

Tom

Any idea what happened? Did you tighten all the prop locks correctly?

Not a clue, i always wait around 20 seconds just so gps initialises so its safe to fly, however on this flight i feel the gps did not initialise and then 13seconds after take off whilst flying in a straight line at the altitude i took off from, it just planted the ice. With my screen being all white due to the snow i didn't notice it was dropping altitude as it did not seem to get closer. I actually have video footage of the crash but it almost just cuts off as soon as it hits the ice.

Not a clue, i always wait around 20 seconds just so gps initialises so its safe to fly, however on this flight i feel the gps did not initialise and then 13seconds after take off whilst flying in a straight line at the altitude i took off from, it just planted the ice. With my screen being all white due to the snow i didn't notice it was dropping altitude as it did not seem to get closer. I actually have video footage of the crash but it almost just cuts off as soon as it hits the ice.

These sort of incidents generally happen quite rapidly, with no real time to evaluate all of what just happened, and every incident has its own specifics at the root of the crash which requires some soul searching and further evaluation to get a better understanding of what exactly happened.

Did you have the VPS engaged on the model? Is it possible you hadn't?
If I understood correctly you said you were at about 10ft. altitude, flying straight line away from you, and not very high off the ground (10 ft.). That you were looking at your monitor at the tiem of the crash.
The VPS system when engaged is meant to help maintain level altitude off the ground, and other such surfaces is my understanding, however, with the unit disengaged and you not looking at the model you may very well have simply drove the model into the ground, or ice in this situation.
Just a thought here, and hope you get it taken care of, or discover what may have caused the crash.

Last edited:
Hi there sorry for your loss, My I1 dropped from 380Ft AGL yesterday for no obvious reason, I sent the data to Healthydrones.com and many here tried to see what was the cause but with the information they had available there are no clues, Im awaiting an RMA from DJI to ship it off for analysis, Shall I1 owners be worried about this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD