Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire currently sits in 30' of water off star island in Miami.

I found this pic and thought I'd share it. It's insane how I managed to save everything on this SD card. Yeah Yeah, I'll post the crash vid when I have time but look at this! This is how it was, on the bottom of the ocean floor sticking out like this :

View attachment 3673

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
Looks like it was laying there for a year or more :oops: but amazing sd card still work

Edit: forgot to say sorry for your loss :(

Yeah, the only explanation on all that jelly on the components is that there was probably electricity flowing through for a bit...yowser!

I will use them... But It will be to pull my dead drone up faster and make it less likely that I get hit by a tour boat when diving for it

Insurance is my next move

I found this pic and thought I'd share it. It's insane how I managed to save everything on this SD card. Yeah Yeah, I'll post the crash vid when I have time but look at this! This is how it was, on the bottom of the ocean floor sticking out like this :

View attachment 3673

We all told you so!! Hehe:rolleyes:.. Kudos my friend!:D It was worth going back for it wasn't it?

Wow, those pics! Thanks for sharing.
As Jason mentioned, electrolysis had to be the culprit for that kind of corrosion. You had a 5700mah battery go down with the ship and it was sending 26 volts (I think) through the electronics. If you ever saw the electrodes after doing hydrolysis with a 12v car battery, you would understand this amount of corrosion. You liberated some oxygen and some hydrogen in South Florida. Pretty crazy.
Congrats on the recovery and an even bigger congrats on the footage recovery. It would have been easy to sit on the sidelines and chalk it up as a failure, but your boat dodging and perseverance paid off in spades!
As for what to do with the carcass, you could part-out some of it. The carbon fiber and plastic parts should be largely unaffected. I would be interested in one of the small parallelogram carbon struts if you choose to part it. The left and right are different, so let me know if you choose to sell.
I think we all are learning from this experience and although it is a financial hit, lessons were learned by many. I really appreciate the "Getter Back" link from Alessandro!! Such a cool device if you are flying over water for any extended period of time.
Oh, and of course, insurance.
As a photographer, I have stuck with Sandisk for years and this is another example of the robustness of their products.
Best of luck with future flights!

My question is, and i'd love realistic answers here....does it actually make any sense at all? Or is it possibly just for peace of mind or your sd card. And like I said above, It would have bugged me knowing it was down there rotting. Has anyone ever actually sunk a drone, and successfully dried it out and flown it again? It's funny, as it sits on my table gear with the landing gear up, it looks perfect cosmetic wise. I pulled every screw, and used gun oil on each and every one cleaning off any trace of rust. Does anyone know how to lower the gear manually? or better yet, travel position?

My question is, and i'd love realistic answers here....does it actually make any sense at all? Or is it possibly just for peace of mind or your sd card. And like I said above, It would have bugged me knowing it was down there rotting. Has anyone ever actually sunk a drone, and successfully dried it out and flown it again? It's funny, as it sits on my table gear with the landing gear up, it looks perfect cosmetic wise. I pulled every screw, and used gun oil on each and every one cleaning off any trace of rust. Does anyone know how to lower the gear manually? or better yet, travel position?
people have recovered them and been able to use them again from fresh water, but salt water pretty much instantly destroys the electronics.

I believe there is a screw on the bottom you can turn to manually move the gear into whatever position you want.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Ya man. .
I believe you can move the i1 into travel mode by turning the worm screw ..
also about your comment on getter backs failing to work check out this old thread that shows mine being installed incorrectly which would cause a malfunction. .
also there's a video that shows a guy crashing his fpv quad in a lake then retrieving it with a getter back...pretty cool. .
my question is how long can an I1 spend in ocean water before it starts corroding??
3D printed accessories | Page 3 | DJI Inspire Forum

Does anybody know what this SD card is for? I found it in my badly abused Lightbridge HD controller, and was just wondering what it records. Here's a pic of what it looks like new. it's the part the compass is attached to behind the nose if you were to remove it

. $_12.JPG

Here's the SD card pic of the sd card that I pulled out of the one I sunk in the ocean:
20150917_191723.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla