Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire currently sits in 30' of water off star island in Miami.

On that page they state

• Does not cover detachable/optional camera
I wonder if they could qualify the removable inspire camera? Also I think I might try to get insurance that covers the drone and my myself. broken window, crashing into a boat im filming etc

Do you know if they provide coverage for a drone that was not purchased through them? I have been flying my I1 since the release without any problems, but I would like to get accidental damage insurance to cover my investment. Thanks

Looks like I get to take out a credit card. The work came in fast, and I'll need a backup fund...aaaaaand insurance....sigh. Man, from the tablets to the computers to the insurance this stuff gets expensive FAST! Especially when you see your inspire go down like I did...pretty terrible thing to watch. I couldnt sleep last night, kept seeing it over and over hahaha

Uhhgg... That truly truly suuuucks man, I feel so bad for you. Having to watch it hit the water must have been the worst feeling.

And by the way- I would definitely go dive for it! All the airframe of the bird should be just fine (carbon fiber, plastics, landing gear conversion screw, etc.). Although all the electronics will be shot, you might be able to sell it on eBay "as is", just disclose that it was under 30 feet of water. There are a lot of people out there who like to tinker and rebuild things. Whatever $$$ you can get for it at least you can put towards your new Inspire. If you can, try to look at the bright side: Now you can get the new Inspire Pro!

Last edited:
I guess is useless to ask for some footage of the recovery in the sea or some of the content of the sd card :rolleyes::rolleyes:

if only they made the bigger screens bright enough! I hear the nexus 7 is bright, but i'd just want to make sure it gets charged off the controller when plugged in, like the smaller phones do. I dont mean to start a whole which tablet is best thread...We have enough of those...haha And yeah, luckily its all cached into the iphone, I just have to dump it into itunes. Thank god I clicked that option.I even got pulled over by miami pd on the way home, and he let me go because he said he felt bad I lost my drone...lol
I have had a nexus 7 for 2 years now. I love(d) that device, but it no longer has the CPU power to run DJI (or Litchi) bloat ware in my opinion. I still use for instructional work, but have migrated to a Huawei Media Pad 3, larger, faster, brighter and flawless so far. Sorry for your bird's demise. Boats and drones are tricky biz sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb