Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

my inspire has been repaired. .

Guys, thank you. I may be a DJI employee but I am a user just like you and I feel your pain at times. We are working to make things better but overnight fixes are not going to happen. Please be somewhat patient with us. If we take too long I am sure I will hear about it and that is ok. We welcome your criticism and suggestions on how we can improve our service to you our customers.

Reactions: Outta Control
Thanks Guys! I am in LA at our center here. You cannot imagine the volume of incoming and out going shipments. It is truly amazing to see. The repair department is now maxed out in terms of space. The Call Group still has some room to expand but the warehouse space it brimming to capacity. We are looking at ways to expand our capacity to serve our customers here in North America. Thank you for all your support as this make it all possible for us to serve you better. I am sure that there will be bumps in the road as we progress but there is nothing that is not possible.
Ed,
I snatched mine out of a fresh water crash and put it in a bag of rice for days. It fires up but will not connect. Support tells me they will not repair any water damage! I haven't tried to rebind it yet as I can't find the process anywhere. Just hold the button during power up??
Please, any advice??

Thanks Guys! I am in LA at our center here. You cannot imagine the volume of incoming and out going shipments. It is truly amazing to see. The repair department is now maxed out in terms of space. The Call Group still has some room to expand but the warehouse space it brimming to capacity. We are looking at ways to expand our capacity to serve our customers here in North America. Thank you for all your support as this make it all possible for us to serve you better. I am sure that there will be bumps in the road as we progress but there is nothing that is not possible.

Is there anyway you can have someone review my case. I lost Bird 1 into the river. Appreciate any help you can give. I would be happy to PM you the case number. Thank you
Allan

Still waiting on mine to get repaired. Going on three weeks. Had two flight and when I uploaded the new firmware it died. Sent it in to the DJI LA facility and have not heard anything back. After spending 3400 bucks you think we get a bit more response from them. No number to call and check on it. Multicopter Warehouse (whom I purchased it from) are trying to help, so they say. No action from them either..

Guys, thank you. I may be a DJI employee but I am a user just like you and I feel your pain at times. We are working to make things better but overnight fixes are not going to happen. Please be somewhat patient with us. If we take too long I am sure I will hear about it and that is ok. We welcome your criticism and suggestions on how we can improve our service to you our customers.

TahoeEd You should hang on this forum more often. ;)

Hey guys ..I recived my shipping notification today.. guess the shipping strike was a rumor. .
Thanks Mark ,Will, and Oscar at dji la...

giphy.gif
Opps!!! My Bad :p

Dancing.gif
:D

Ed,
I snatched mine out of a fresh water crash and put it in a bag of rice for days. It fires up but will not connect. Support tells me they will not repair any water damage! I haven't tried to rebind it yet as I can't find the process anywhere. Just hold the button during power up??
Please, any advice??

The bind process is in the manual. Turn both off, turn on bird, press red button (you will see red led flash), then turn on transmitter. They will bind. I just did it a few days ago.

Still waiting on mine to get repaired. Going on three weeks. Had two flight and when I uploaded the new firmware it died. Sent it in to the DJI LA facility and have not heard anything back. After spending 3400 bucks you think we get a bit more response from them. No number to call and check on it. Multicopter Warehouse (whom I purchased it from) are trying to help, so they say. No action from them either..

I am also waiting on mine but I just got the report back yesterday that they are shipping mine back soon. They are at about three weeks as far as when they will first look at it if they think it is their fault. That is from when they receive it. This is all stated in the email you get when you send it in while getting your RMA. For me it was three weeks TO THE DAY.

Linking the Remote Controller

The remote controller is linked to your aircraft before delivery. Linking is only required when using a new remote controller for the first time. Follow these steps to link a new remote controller:

Ensure both the remote controller and aircraft are powered off.
Power on the aircraft. Locate the Linking Button on the front of the aircraft, as shown in the figure below. The adjacent LED will blink red when linking is required.
Press and hold the Linking Button with a pin or other small object to start the linking process. The adjacent LED will blink red to indicate the aircraft is ready to link to a new remote controller.Power on the new remote controller. Place the remote controller next to the aircraft. The Status LED on the remote controller and the LED on the aircraft will both turn solid green to indicate that the link is established.

You need RMA before you send it in. Call them and get one. I got mine same day. DO NOT send it in without an RMA or it will be gone for a LONG time....

You need RMA before you send it in. Call them and get one. I got mine same day. DO NOT send it in without an RMA or it will be gone for a LONG time....

I spoke to them on Monday... Still waiting for the RMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spoke to them on Monday... Still waiting for the RMA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you need to set up a repair request by emailing this address: [email protected]

They will then create a case with a repair number and send you an email such as this:

C. D. (DJI Technology )

May 4, 10:29

Dear ..........

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Please send your unit to our DJI repair facility in North America. The steps you must take to properly ship your product in are listed below.

Note: Failure to complete any step below will cause delays in your repair, and could require our logistics team to ship your product back without repair service provided.

1. Please fill out and print the Customer Information Sheet attached to this email/ticket. This is required for every RMA.

2. Please include a copy of your proof of purchase. Not including your proof of purchase will automatically categorize your repair as Non-Warrantied and you will be invoiced after analysis. Please keep your original proof of purchase for your records.

3. Please review the warranty terms for your product to see if you should expect an invoice or may potentially be covered by our manufacturer’s warranty: http://www.dji.com/service/warranty-service

4. Do not ship swollen/punctured/visibly damaged batteries. If you do ship batteries in this condition, we are required to recycle them and cannot ship them back to you.

5. Please do not include any non-DJI equipment, such as aircraft accessories, hard carrying cases, and third-party transmitters. If you choose to send in any of these items, you acknowledge that DJI is not liable for any of these products, and that we are unable to test your DJI products with any third-party products.

6. Pack your equipment safely. Include protection such as bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Keep in mind that any product shipped just in the on-shelf packaging (i.e. white Phantom box) is not acceptable and will automatically qualify it for invoiced repair. You can always place the product box or case in a cardboard box, this is acceptable.

Inspire 1 is the exception to rule 6, please do ship it in its hard case, packed inside of a cardboard box

Once received by our Los Angeles facility your unit will be considered an active repair. The ETA for repairs is approximately 5-6 weeks. Within that 5-6 weeks phone or e-mail requests for status updates will not be entertained, as we can only provide you the information you already see when logging into Zendesk and these requests only serve to slow the process for others. Only in the rare event that more than 6 weeks have passed since your unit was delivered, should you call 818-235-0789 for further assistance.

DJI Technology, LLC
960 Knox St. Unit A
Torrance, CA 90502

RMA: ...................... (Please include this number on the shipping label and on the front and back of the package. Not putting this number on the outside of your package can cause delays in being checked in).

By sending in your product for repair, you agree that you have read and accepted the repair terms as stated above. If you have any questions about this process, please reply to this email or call our phone support team.

Thank you for contacting DJI. We look forward to servicing your product very soon!

DJI North America

Attachment(s)
CustomerInformationSheet (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).pdf

Thank you for contacting DJI North America. Sorry we can not dial out from this facility. If you'd prefer to speak on the phone, we encourage you to call our support staff to discuss your issue. You may contact us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm PST at 818-235-0789

GOOD LUCK

I had to send a gimbal back for repair from my old phantom last year and DJI was great. Their communication was thorough (all via email) and turnaround time was about 3 weeks from my dropping the unit at UPS to my receiving the repaired gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide