Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

My Ispire 1 just arrived... no what?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Sky, May 15, 2015.

1. Sky

Sky

I'll be setting up for my first flight tomorrow. Anyone have recommendations outside the documents provided on initial set-up? I'll be using some of you pre-flight check lists too.

2. AllanVB

Best to begin in 'Beginners Mode' unless you're experienced. Enjoy and fly safe

3. lrwskyfilms

Go through this forum, read the manual twice, search on youtube, learn and learn and as above begin in beginners mode in a big open space with little or no trees anywhere near you.

Have a look and read this, it's for the P2 but the principle is the same. All bar the the emergency procedures. Have fun, Cheers, Mark

4. arsui

it is easy than phatom 2 series, but also need to read the manual more

5. Detroit

Please please don't forget to do an IMU calibration and a compass calibration. Like everyone else said just read the manual and you will love your inspire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Mark C

Sky,
    Attached is my checklist I made for a single operator. Hope it is useful. good luck!

Attached Files:

FangsCPO likes this.
  7. Detroit

That is a great checklist! Would you mind if I print that out and laminate it for myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mark C

No not at all!

jon b likes this.
  9. FangsCPO

As I look forward to the arrival of my Inspire 1, this will make a great checklist to start preparing for the fun if all goes well. I'm hoping to have nothing but great experiences with this bird. My F550 and "Original" Phantom were great out of the box with no issues. Now I just need to decide on whether to get a Mini iPad 2 or 3. I don't see what the different is between the two....except for the fingerprint feature on the 3. I'm not a Apple guy but I've been seeing that there is more success with the Apple products than the Android products. So I'll go with the flow and not against the current. LOL!!!

10. Lesmess

Brilliant checklist I use it all the time since you first made it available, thanks a lot.

Les.

11. Lesmess

You are right no difference in spec apart from the finger print function and couple other minor upgrades. I use the mini iPad 2 with no issues. Get a short 300mm (1ft) connection lead I use a Startech one it is brilliant.

12. Lesmess

Let us know how you got on, my heart was thumping when I first took her up mainly because of reading the issues some folks were having and the 15mph winds at the time. I needn't have worried, I did not fly in beginner mode as I have RC helicopter experience. I was gobsmacked by how well she handled the gusting wind very stable side on the just leans into the wind. I can't afford to buy another one if things go wrong. The QR props are great, again read the advice on the checks required after each day's flying. Check the screws are tight but don't be tempted to tighten further. If not loose leave alone. You will love this thing take my word for it.

Les

13. FangsCPO

I now fly a F550 and it's just pure fun but this beast will be a game changer for me if everything goes well.......which what I hope. I don't want to be plagued with all these crazy problems I keep hearing about the firmware. Thinking happy and positive thoughts. Good luck!!