Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Another I2 with Red Prop rattle.

You simply have the "red prop rattle" that a lot of us have with our I2's.

Take the red props off and spin the motors and you'll find they're ok and don't make any noise. Read up on the Red prop threads already on the forum and you should find some things you can do to either return the props, or fix them until you get newer props.

BTW, you should be fine to fly - I've around 8hrs flying on my I2 and one of my motors make a similar noise - simply stuck a paper shim in to make it stiffer and the noise goes away.

My opinion how do you know ho much damage the "rattle" is doing to your motors? Any vibration is not acceptable so fly at your own risk, or take out the DJI after care

Shimming the gap takes out the play between the hub and the shaft that's causing the rattle and simply helps tighten up the fit to that of the white props and their hub. If you want to be more accurate, then you can shim both sides of the mount shaft to even out the seating of the prop and hence improve the balance.

I'm not actually certain that what DJI are doing by stuffing foam in the prop base is really resolving anything as the foam will compress or break down over time and the rattle will return. They need to go back to the prop and the mount and make sure *both* are in the right tolerance range.

Reactions: Advexure
Yes, thank you for the video but........
Did you read my post above?
We currently have a thread already on this exact issue that runs to 145 posts and 8 pages (and growing) and was started at the beginning of the year so please post in that thread for any future 'findings'/ discussion.

Thank You.

Reactions: NickU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool