Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My TB47 flying time - normal

Reaction score
First low battery level warning came at 11:37 at 30 percent battery.
My whole flight lasted 14.50 minutes down to 10 percent battery power, thats when i powered off, and from this time 40 seconds was on the ground with the motors spinning in idle.

Is this considered a normal flying time with the TB47 battery? I know they say about 15-18 minutes, but is that down to 0 percent battery or how do they count?
Does anybody even get 18 mins or even 17 mins from a TB47 battery?

Last edited:
I land once the battery gets to 30%, typically that's 10-15 minutes depending on how aggressively I'm flying.

For me that is enough time to get two or three flights and 15-20 photos which after editing is 8-10 good photos for a client.

Wow, so you get 15 minutes at 30 percent battery, thats nice.
I guess you have to fly carefully to get 15 mins at 30 percent?

Then it seems my battery is not giving me that good flight time, considering 40 seconds of the flight was at the ground, that gives me about 14 minutes at 10 percent battery.
Maybe i need to make a battery calibration, I'm still not sure if i have made a successful battery cal, since i have never used the battery from exactly 100 percent to exactly 0 percent in one go.

I wonder how DJI is counting when they say 15-18 minutes battery time, i guess they mean all the way down to 0 percent?

..........and they mean with zero wind. Test conditions are written on their site. In reality a TB 47 will be about 15 minutes. If its no wind and just hoovering then will be longer. Flying at max speed uses much more battery then at lower speed. So much that lower speed has the bigger range.

..........and they mean with zero wind. Test conditions are written on their site. In reality a TB 47 will be about 15 minutes. If its no wind and just hoovering then will be longer. Flying at max speed uses much more battery then at lower speed. So much that lower speed has the bigger range.

15 mins down to what battery percentage?

Maybe with aerial photography typically you hover more and fly less meters than with filming, hence longer battery time.....
Just guessing, I was mostly filming but just picked up photography again, I will find out soon enough if it makes a lot of difference.

ive never got over 16 min with a tb48, more like 12-13 with a tb47 but i land around 20-30 usually, probably closer to 30 and often fly faster and in wind which would take more power than hovering wind free. I would guess they are using 0% for their 18 minute claims, maybe 10% cause i think it auto lands at that level and wont let you over ride it if im not mistaken, havent hit that low of battery level very often so i cant recall for sure. I tried to go for max flight time once but i didnt have the patience to sit there hovering for very long and had to go fly around so my max flight time test was unsuccessful, lol

If you want to get the maximum time from your battery ... the faster you use the battery after it is fully charged... the better result you will get..

I always land between 20% and 30% which is usually around 12 minutes of flight in normal flying conditions.
I then allow my batteries (TB47's) to cool for at least an hour then if I'm not flying anytime soon, I'll charge my batteries to 50% (2 and a half lights) and store them in a cool and dry place.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela