Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My X5R Has Arrived

Damon ,the cause could be from the antenna mod?

I knew someone would ask as soon as I posted that, but no, tested independently and the purple stripes actually get recorded on the video on in-camera storage. Tried different lenses, tried reseating the gimbal connection, tried different cable to iPad, etc.

Interestingly, after a cold start, there were no purple stripes, but they appear after about 10 minutes, so likely a heat issue (perhaps improper heat insulation or something internally on this unit).

Just a bad unit. It happens. Replacement on the way.

Yep Ralph is GTG.

Hope you get sorted out and it was just a "one" off.

DJI seems to produce quite a lot of "one" offs especially in new products that have been (you would expect....) fully tested before release !!!!

Must be a "one" off kind of thing...

This is why I'm waiting :)
on another forum they opened it up and its filled with blue thermal paste of some kind, my worry is in the summer, or after a few months use with it warming up and cooling down it will degrade in performance and eventually come back, by which time your vendor and DJI will say go fk yourself as enough time has passed for them to do that.

Perhaps the NEXT run of X5R's DJI do a few tweaks. Modding it with more venting holes or looking into uprated cooling paste as DJI probably used some mass produced crap, instead of actually using the best.

Then again, I not heard anyone else with this problem, so maybe its just a small percentage. Time will tell. Distinct lack of video on youtube of this thing, only ians looks good, the rest on youtube looks like X3/X5R, but Ian was given sample by DJi, so who knows.

I'm really hoping for someone, a regular joe to inspire me!
Its going to be a lean 6 months if I buy this thing, so it needs to be worth it.

on another forum they opened it up and its filled with blue thermal paste of some kind, my worry is in the summer, or after a few months use with it warming up and cooling down it will degrade in performance and eventually come back, by which time your vendor and DJI will say go fk yourself as enough time has passed for them to do that.

Perhaps the NEXT run of X5R's DJI do a few tweaks. Modding it with more venting holes or looking into uprated cooling paste as DJI probably used some mass produced crap, instead of actually using the best.

Then again, I not heard anyone else with this problem, so maybe its just a small percentage. Time will tell. Distinct lack of video on youtube of this thing, only ians looks good, the rest on youtube looks like X3/X5R, but Ian was given sample by DJi, so who knows.

Its going to be a lean 6 months if I buy this thing, so it needs to be worth it.
Can you tell in what forum you talking about, it's interesting!

I would have to say I'm in the same boat on this one. With DJI's long history of releasing products before the beta testing is complete as well as their history of gutting their own product line with new models, I will have to see this version in production and use for a while. Considering it's been out there for a little I expected to see youtube covered up with reviews and sample footage and there is almost nothing so far. What I have seen didn't make me feel that the additional ~$2K USD just for the SSD and RAW capabilities are a good ROI. I have an S1000+ with the Canon 5D M3 and if I got an Inspire Raw it would be with the expectation it would replace the S1000 in most situations but, that being said, I've not had a director or producer yet complain of the quality of the X3 output. The fact they had to release an update yesterday to address the landing gear deployment after they have been shipping units makes me believe they didn't do much to beta test their own product. Surely they tried a few different lenses on this airframe before shoving it out the door but, it does make you wonder. I'll start looking at them seriously after they have around 60-90 days on the market and all the early adopters have found the majority of issues before I peel out ~$6K...

I would have to say I'm in the same boat on this one. With DJI's long history of releasing products before the beta testing is complete as well as their history of gutting their own product line with new models, I will have to see this version in production and use for a while. Considering it's been out there for a little I expected to see youtube covered up with reviews and sample footage and there is almost nothing so far. What I have seen didn't make me feel that the additional ~$2K USD just for the SSD and RAW capabilities are a good ROI. I have an S1000+ with the Canon 5D M3 and if I got an Inspire Raw it would be with the expectation it would replace the S1000 in most situations but, that being said, I've not had a director or producer yet complain of the quality of the X3 output. The fact they had to release an update yesterday to address the landing gear deployment after they have been shipping units makes me believe they didn't do much to beta test their own product. Surely they tried a few different lenses on this airframe before shoving it out the door but, it does make you wonder. I'll start looking at them seriously after they have around 60-90 days on the market and all the early adopters have found the majority of issues before I peel out ~$6K...

Ians video was good, but then he was given a sample by DJI, I'm waiting to see stuff from neutrals (even though I think he's pretty trustworthy), the stuff I have seen so far has looked like the X5 (Doesn't mean I see every video, just what appears to be on youtube within first few pages). I lurk on RCGROUPS, but all they do is argue about SSD prices.

Ians video was good, but then he was given a sample by DJI, I'm waiting to see stuff from neutrals (even though I think he's pretty trustworthy), the stuff I have seen so far has looked like the X5 (Doesn't mean I see every video, just what appears to be on youtube within first few pages). I lurk on RCGROUPS, but all they do is argue about SSD prices.

LOL, guilty as charged. ;)

I think everybody that's got one is still trying to get their footage through the Cinelight/Explorer grinder. Compared to the P4 release, this has not gone as smoothly as DJI hoped. :rolleyes:

I've done my earlier battery mods myself. The black edition battery mods I had Tom Peters at Horizon USA do with all black wires and black XT60 connectors. Did a great job.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah