Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

ND Filter info

The Firecrest are the best in my opinion and they're 50% off... Click here: Promotions
Recommend an ND 1.2 for normal sunny days. Should allow you to achieve your 5.6 aperture on a 12mm or 15mm lens with a 30fps and 1/60 shutter... may need to adjust your aperture up or down a bit.. but should be close. Recommend getting a ND 0.6 as well... I have ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, and 1.2... But if I were only getting two, I would get a 0.6 and 1.2. You will want to get the 46mm size with the X5S. Instead of using a ring balancer with a 46mm lens, use a step up adapter (37mm->46mm) instead. Using the step up adapter with the weight of one of these ND filters, will give the proper balance. It will also allow you to use your existing 46mm ND filters.
This is a crazy good deal - I went to the promotions page and tried a order to just see the difference, it was more than half off. I then made an order for my I2 and my Canon 82 and 67 mm lenses.

The Firecrest are the best in my opinion and they're 50% off... Click here: Promotions
Recommend an ND 1.2 for normal sunny days. Should allow you to achieve your 5.6 aperture on a 12mm or 15mm lens with a 30fps and 1/60 shutter... may need to adjust your aperture up or down a bit.. but should be close. Recommend getting a ND 0.6 as well... I have ND 0.3, 0.6, 0.9, and 1.2... But if I were only getting two, I would get a 0.6 and 1.2. You will want to get the 46mm size with the X5S. Instead of using a ring balancer with a 46mm lens, use a step up adapter (37mm->46mm) instead. Using the step up adapter with the weight of one of these ND filters, will give the proper balance. It will also allow you to use your existing 46mm ND filters.
I placed an order yesterday. It is a good deal. Also I used code FREESHIP to get free shipping. I hope these filters are good for the price.
Promo code 50% CIRCFC50
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael Dahan
I placed an order yesterday. It is a good deal. Also I used code FREESHIP to get free shipping. I hope these filters are good for the price.
Thanks for sharing.
Can you help me please utcinema, I went to the promotion, and getting confused by all the numbers, I want some ND filters 0.3,0,6,0,9 and 1,2 for my X5s, can you please point me witch one I must take.
Thanks in advance

So do you like? Looks good to me albeit with a slight magenta tint.

Color cast is not uncommon in filters. I use a Lee Big Stopper on my DSLR and as sure as there is rain in the sky, I get a sort of magenta cast on all of my images. Anyone that knows filters, knows that Lee's are one of the best out there. I think, and could be wrong, that the cast is simply the way the light hits a certain part of the frequency spectrum as it comes off of the filter and onto the sensor. It is easily correctable in post processing.

Color cast is not uncommon in filters. I use a Lee Big Stopper on my DSLR and as sure as there is rain in the sky, I get a sort of magenta cast on all of my images. Anyone that knows filters, knows that Lee's are one of the best out there. I think, and could be wrong, that the cast is simply the way the light hits a certain part of the frequency spectrum as it comes off of the filter and onto the sensor. It is easily correctable in post processing.

I get the magenta color cast if the white balance is set to sunny independent of a filter. I've been able to get it more neutral by manually setting WB in the low 5000 range on a sunny day.

Has anyone tried P4P filters on the X4S?
I bet they are the same size, and my favorite brand hasn't released I2 filters yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars