Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nearly put inspire in ocean

In Canada, if you fly one in such a way that you endanger other aircraft, it could result in fines and even jail for life! The are considered aircraft. Always consult ATC when flying around a aerodrome. I always charge my batteries down below 5% and have never had a problem. Cold or hot....

From what I have read from the experiences that others have had with the Inspire batteries, I am not going to take any chances with my Lipo batteries like I have with the Lithium Ion batteries. Going to keep the warnings and limits at defaults and plan accordingly.

It is a dilemma, the more we rely on autopilot systems, the more complacent pilot we become. PArt of navigation is determining your fuel or energy endurance for a mission. We must use our heads with this stuff. The computer cannot solve all of the pilot decision making skills required to fly safe.

Last edited:
That's not really a fair statement. Even if a pilot calculates the fuel required in advance, they still need to rely on a fuel gauge to tell them how much is remaining.

Reactions: Wiski23
As a pilot, in training, we always did a visual check of our fuel stores, We never relied on the gauge. In UAS I would rather calculate time aloft as well to calculate endurance. Instrumentation can always deceive...

As a pilot, in training, we always did a visual check of our fuel stores, We never relied on the gauge. In UAS I would rather calculate time aloft as well to calculate endurance. Instrumentation can always deceive...

Or in the case of the Inspire, assume you need the aircraft back in close (ie 50m) visual range at 30% and plan the flight accordingly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko