Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Necessary to update RC?

Reaction score
Just updated my Inspire and all batteries to 1.4. Try as I might though I am unable to update the RC... Have tried SD cards, micro SD, USB stick... And nothing.
The remote links with the bird and seems to fly fine. I haven't tested the new flight modes but they are there... Is there any need to update the remote?
Or if so, anyone have any tips to get the update to work?

Just updated my Inspire and all batteries to 1.4. Try as I might though I am unable to update the RC... Have tried SD cards, micro SD, USB stick... And nothing.
The remote links with the bird and seems to fly fine. I haven't tested the new flight modes but they are there... Is there any need to update the remote?
Or if so, anyone have any tips to get the update to work?
You do however need to update the RC to 1.3.0.0 if you have not already done so. See sticky thread at top Help sub-forum if you hit any difficulties.

Reactions: The Editor
You do however need to update the RC to 1.3.0.0 if you have not already done so. See sticky thread at top Help sub-forum if you hit any difficulties.
Are you referring to the thread containing the 'reset patch file'?
If so there seems to be a few people in that thread that have bricked RCs or cannot re link to the craft... Would rather have an RC that works on not latest firmware than risk messing it up with a patch file.
As for the other threads, yes I've tried all the techniques for updating and no dice

Are you referring to the thread containing the 'reset patch file'?
If so there seems to be a few people in that thread that have bricked RCs or cannot re link to the craft... Would rather have an RC that works on not latest firmware than risk messing it up with a patch file.
As for the other threads, yes I've tried all the techniques for updating and no dice
The RC reset file allows users with 'disabled' RCs to recover them. If you are not interested then carry on as you are. The 1.3.0.0 RC update is required for full compatibility with the latest aircraft update 1.4.0.10.

Unless you upgrade your RC to v1.3 you will never be able to upgrade firmware again since all future upgrades (RC) will be via app and you require at least v1.3 to do that rolling forward.

Reactions: Scotflieger
Have you tried connecting the RC to the back of the camera? That's how I upgraded my RC to 1.3. Also recommend you start with a freshly formatted memory card. Good Luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44