Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Need Help/Advice in Chicago

Reaction score
EDIT - I edited the title so folks know what I'm asking :)

My company has been working out in the boonies since inception in March 2015.
One of the companies I work for referred me to another, who wants me to shoot in Chicago in 3 weeks :eek:

We are 333 exempt, also have 107, and a current insurance policy.
My question is, what else will I need to go do this shoot, any special waivers, etc?
It's not "downtown", but still has a Chicago address.

910 W Huron St Chicago, IL
170 ft building.
If I fly 20ft above it, total height will be 190ft.

I'm a noobie when it comes to big cities so I thought I would ask you guys.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Last edited:
My company has been working out in the boonies since inception in March 2015.
One of the companies I work for referred me to another, who wants me to shoot in Chicago in 3 weeks :eek:

We are 333 exempt, also have 107, and a current insurance policy.
My question is, what else will I need to go do this shoot, any special waivers, etc?
It's not "downtown", but still has a Chicago address.

910 W Huron St Chicago, IL
170 ft building.
If I fly 20ft above it, total height will be 190ft.

I'm a noobie when it comes to big cities so I thought I would ask you guys.

Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Never been to Chicago, but from an airspace perspective, you are golden. Just outside the "upside down cake" of O'Hare's class B ring (begins at 3,000) and Midway's class C (begins at surface)..
I am ignorant of any permits or city ordinances, or cops attitudes toward drones, or helicopter traffic. Looks challenging, with lots of air traffic.

upload_2017-4-1_8-52-9.png

Reactions: Bri Guy
Never been to Chicago, but from an airspace perspective, you are golden. Just outside the "upside down cake" of O'Hare's class B ring (begins at 3,000) and Midway's class C (begins at surface)..
I am ignorant of any permits or city ordinances, or cops attitudes toward drones, or helicopter traffic. Looks challenging, with lots of air traffic.

thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it for sure.
hopefully some Big City guys might also reply

edit - I'd like to also publicly apologize to anything negative I may have posted towards you in the recent past. It's very difficult to judge someone by their online presence. After a month on this site I can see that you're one of the good guys :) thanks again for your reply to my question.

Last edited:
thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it for sure.
hopefully some Big City guys might also reply

edit - I'd like to also publicly apologize to anything negative I may have posted towards you in the recent past. It's very difficult to judge someone by their online presence. After a month on this site I can see that you're one of the good guys :) thanks again for your reply to my question.
What negative postings??;) life is too short and am too old to stay angry....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07