Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need input on my vid

Reaction score
Gang: new pc and getting more into premier, learning techniques and expanding my knollage, here is a video for charity .I did need all bad constructive reviews ,so I can Improve, Thanks
Mariano
Ps My wife hate the music

I'd break it up into smaller shots where you don't see as much of the movement of the camera. Just starting out I would suggest looking at the Phantom Filmschool. You don't have to use Litchi to understand the concepts Laurence is teaching. In some of his advanced courses on Udemy he goes into choosing the best shots.

We all start somewhere. I went through a couple of his when I first started flying a camera a year ago.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have a lot of experience as a pro stills photographer. When shooting video try to imagine that you are going to tell a story and then build upon that. The sequence of shooting short clips is not important at the time of shooting. Get some much tighter shots of the athletes and what they are doing rather than hanging back and getting a wide angle of view. There was quite a few jerky clips, so soften the tilt of the camera way down in the gimbal settings so it is slow and smooth. Try a few dissolve transitions also. Keep shooting and learning!

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I have a lot of experience as a pro stills photographer. When shooting video try to imagine that you are going to tell a story and then build upon that. The sequence of shooting short clips is not important at the time of shooting. Get some much tighter shots of the athletes and what they are doing rather than hanging back and getting a wide angle of view. There was quite a few jerky clips, so soften the tilt of the camera way down in the gimbal settings so it is slow and smooth. Try a few dissolve transitions also. Keep shooting and learning!
Thanks I'm learning a few tricks on transition,and yes this was done with no planning, fog may me turn to my osmo instead of inspire, thanks again

Thanks I'm learning a few tricks on transition,and yes this was done with no planning, fog may me turn to my osmo instead of inspire, thanks again
You are most welcome. It takes courage when starting out and sharing your work but you have a great attitude. We are always learning :) oh and listen to your wife ;)

I would suggest watching a lot of well produced, professionally shot videos. Takes notes. Observe the length of each shot and how/why it ties into the next shot. Make sure there is a definite reason for each shot and try not to repeat the same or similar shot. You can tell a compelling story with just images - but there must be a thread that ties it all together. I rarely hold a shot for more than 5-6 seconds unless the story requires it. Shoot waaaay more than what you need, then use only the best of the best. No jerky shots. No fast pans. Use zoom rarely and only when there is a good reason - Learn about the "Rule of Thirds" and be creative with it. Find the balance.

BTW - your wife has a good ear... :)

I would suggest watching a lot of well produced, professionally shot videos. Takes notes. Observe the length of each shot and how/why it ties into the next shot. Make sure there is a definite reason for each shot and try not to repeat the same or similar shot. You can tell a compelling story with just images - but there must be a thread that ties it all together. I rarely hold a shot for more than 5-6 seconds unless the story requires it. Shoot waaaay more than what you need, then use only the best of the best. No jerky shots. No fast pans. Use zoom rarely and only when there is a good reason - Learn about the "Rule of Thirds" and be creative with it. Find the balance.

BTW - your wife has a good ear... :)
Thanks will play more with it so can get a better final clip,She plays gittar I Pandora

keep at it!

my small bit of advice, the drone shots should always be moving. a still hovering shot isnt as interesting of a shot (unless its hyperlapse).
i personally find 1. arc movements and 2. straight down descents while camera slowly gradually pitches up make for the most engaging shots.

Reactions: marg2
All excellent comments. marg2, pay attention to all of them. I will add, keep shots somewhat short unless something spectacular is happening in the shot to justify it being longer. Take for instance your first shot(s) of the bikes leaving for the ride...TOO long, too much of that same shot. Get a shot of bikes leaving, then up high with your drone following them as they hit the road, then back to bikes leaving if you like and back to drone shots. If each shot is about 4 or 5 seconds, that will work great and vary the angles of the shots. Not too much of that up, down, up down though, vary the shots. VERY important, pick a good piece of music and edit to the music. Music is emotion, happy, sad, excited, scared, whatever you want the viewers to "feel".

Reactions: Skydog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamwalker4963