Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need some help with my new Inspire

nub

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm not new to the world of Multi rotors and decided i'd buy an Inspire which i got yesterday, but i'm having a problem with the X3 camera, i don't seem to be getting a picture from it.

first time hooked everything up, there was no picture, everything else seemed fine and connected on the RC side of things and thought ach just an issue with the phone probably, powered everything down, waited for a while and gave it another try and a picture appeared.

i noticed that the firmware needed to be upgraded, gah! lol hmmm and gave it a try, bad idea. both failed to update. i tried the Inspire first and it goes through the bleeps like it should wait for while and then i get a continuous tone. then i go ahead and try to update the RC controller through the DJI GO app and it also fails eh wtf try a few times and it's not happening.

at this point i notice the 1st LED on the controller was like a faint blue, which i thought was weird, i wasn't getting connected the Inspire in any way at all now either, like there was no RC link, i panic and try to link again but it wouldn't because i would get some message about the frequency first, ok it and nothing would happen.

starting to get a little hot, sweaty and stressed now lol so carry on to try and upgrade both in various different ways to no avail, so i step way and have a break while searching for answers to the problem via the net.

times passes and i give it another go, fire up the RC controller and try to update it failed, tried again and it done it! mental. can't mind if i powered it down or not but the first led was now red.

so i go back the Inspire with SD card/.bin file in hand, pop it in and power her up! wait and get the first set of bleeps like it's picked up the bin file, then it just goes into a continuous bleep, much like in the video below :(

this is all it does, i have tried formatting the card, recopying the bin file etc etc nothing, says it's failed in the log file...

so i power everything up it connects and all seems fine but no picture from the camera, firmware is up to date, gimbal is working etc all seems good.

as you'll see from Adam's reply to my comment he's says the camera was faulty :( hoping it's not, and it might some software issue that could fixed but well i have no idea so i find myself here looking for some advice.

what do you think?

got to say after dropping almost £2000 i'm feeling a little bummed about the whole thing after being so excited about getting my hands on one, just my luck! lol

thanks

Hi all

I'm not new to the world of Multi rotors and decided i'd buy an Inspire which i got yesterday, but i'm having a problem with the X3 camera, i don't seem to be getting a picture from it.

first time hooked everything up, there was no picture, everything else seemed fine and connected on the RC side of things and thought ach just an issue with the phone probably, powered everything down, waited for a while and gave it another try and a picture appeared.

i noticed that the firmware needed to be upgraded, gah! lol hmmm and gave it a try, bad idea. both failed to update. i tried the Inspire first and it goes through the bleeps like it should wait for while and then i get a continuous tone. then i go ahead and try to update the RC controller through the DJI GO app and it also fails eh wtf try a few times and it's not happening.

at this point i notice the 1st LED on the controller was like a faint blue, which i thought was weird, i wasn't getting connected the Inspire in any way at all now either, like there was no RC link, i panic and try to link again but it wouldn't because i would get some message about the frequency first, ok it and nothing would happen.

starting to get a little hot, sweaty and stressed now lol so carry on to try and upgrade both in various different ways to no avail, so i step way and have a break while searching for answers to the problem via the net.

times passes and i give it another go, fire up the RC controller and try to update it failed, tried again and it done it! mental. can't mind if i powered it down or not but the first led was now red.

so i go back the Inspire with SD card/.bin file in hand, pop it in and power her up! wait and get the first set of bleeps like it's picked up the bin file, then it just goes into a continuous bleep, much like in the video below :(

this is all it does, i have tried formatting the card, recopying the bin file etc etc nothing, says it's failed in the log file...

so i power everything up it connects and all seems fine but no picture from the camera, firmware is up to date, gimbal is working etc all seems good.

as you'll see from Adam's reply to my comment he's says the camera was faulty :( hoping it's not, and it might some software issue that could fixed but well i have no idea so i find myself here looking for some advice.

what do you think?

got to say after dropping almost £2000 i'm feeling a little bummed about the whole thing after being so excited about getting my hands on one, just my luck! lol

thanks
I'm sure once you get your firmware up to date and everything connected properly that your cam will work. Is the cam limp once everything is one and powered up transmitter always first?

Are you using android or apple to view cam?
If your using android did you get the message to allow remote to link to tablet and have you set usb debugging on??

Where about in the UK are you ??

it's an android phone Samsung S3 i know it's not any good, i never had any plans to fly with it, after seeing how terrible the latency was lol

sure the USB debugging is set on, it's asks if i'd like to start the DJI app when i plug it in, but i don't think i've seen anything about a remote to link, will look into that thanks.

I'm sure once you get your firmware up to date and everything connected properly that your cam will work. Is the cam limp once everything is one and powered up transmitter always first?

thanks i'm hoping it's just something silly i've missed or doing/done wrong, the cam is firm and seems to be working the way it should and moves up and down with the controller.

it's an android phone Samsung S3 i know it's not any good, i never had any plans to fly with it, after seeing how terrible the latency was lol

sure the USB debugging is set on, it's asks if i'd like to start the DJI app when i plug it in, but i don't think i've seen anything about a remote to link, will look into that thanks.

thanks i'm hoping it's just something silly i've missed or doing/done wrong, the cam is firm and seems to be working the way it should and moves up and down with the controller.
Then it's most definitely do to the firmware

well i tried downgrading the controller, started to do it's thing, waited for 1/2 hour+ and it fails, mint green on the 1st LED and not connecting to the Inspire. after many failed attempts it takes an upgrade, last for like 2 minutes and the 1st LED turns red! it connects to the Inspire, everything working expect no **** picture.

the Inspire won't do anything but make that stupid continuous bleep firmware wise.

i can even blindly record a video!

no idea was going on, getting a little tired of it, i shouldn't be having this hassle with a brand new machine.

Can i ask how you are downgrading the RC , are you holding down the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner in the app to get to the firmware details page?? or are you trying to update via USB?

i'm in Fife, Scotland.

Can i ask how you are downgrading the RC , are you holding down the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner in the app to get to the firmware details page?? or are you trying to update via USB?

i'm downgrading via the app by pressing the Academy icon.

You have to be careful as recent firmware releases encrypt the connections between the remote and the inspire so i would probably reflash the latest firmware to both.If the remote is on a too early firmware it wont be able to connect to the inspire properly as the inspire now has encryted comms.

If you have a model A remote you can do the firmware update via USB , if its a rev B onwards it needs to be done via the app.

Just remember going forward allways upgrade the inspire first.

Can you check the text file on the sdcard/usb stick after the upgrade to see if it has been successful.

the remote is currently on the latest version, 1.6.0 i think is it?

any attempt to flash the inspire and it starts to do what you can see in the video above, it's like it picks up the bin file then blah a continuous bleep.

the log file from the Inspire says failed.

i'll try the Inspire again with a freshly formatted card and update bin file and shall post the log file stuff in a min.

right a video of what happens if have a bin file on the SD card

WM610_FW_RESULT_AB

========== 2016.01.06 09:01:25 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10_FACT.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2016.06.25 19:41:42 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.09.01.10.bin
Upgrading ...

========== 2016.06.25 19:50:13 =====================
Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:06 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:07 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2016.06.25 20:38:26 =====================

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

Packet: WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

========== 2016.06.26 00:19:29 =====================

========== 2016.06.26 14:47:13 =====================

========== 2016.06.26 18:04:04 =====================

========== 2016.06.26 18:06:23 =====================

========== 2016.06.26 21:00:27 =====================

hmmm whats with the messed up time and dates...

i am thinking along the same line as you though, firmware mismatch, but don't seem to be able to do anything about it, then i have read other people with the same problem saying the X3 is faulty.

heres the about info

app 2.8.1

version 1.9.1.0

camera 1.8.1.0

RC 1.6.0

pretty much says it there?

Last edited:
Cant understand why it wont upgrade , are you using the original sd card as supplied with the inspire??

I think you need to get a positive firmware install on the inspire before you go any further.

The only thing i can suggest is to try another sd card ?

yes i used the original and have tried a different SD card, still nothing, same thing :(

Have you tried connecting the remote to the x3 to upgrade the firmware ???

You can plug a usb cable from the remote into the x3 while its mounted on the inspire and do the upgrade that way.

Think you need to have remote on , inspire off , connect usb from remote to x3 then power inspire up then follow instructions on remote.

Im not positive on my instructions above but im sure someone will update the thread if im wrong

As the about screen is showing the correct info regarding all the latest firmware I don't think you have any issues there.It's going to be hardware related. Silly question but has you tried these:

1. Removing the camera and then re-attaching it
2. Try a different USB lead
3. Delete the Go App and re-install
4. Tried a different device other than your Samsung

thanks but have tried all those Richard, even hijacked the wife's phone for a while lol

haven't tried that pwackinspire, shall have a look into it thanks.

I think the best solution would be to find another X3 owner or store near you where you can try a different X3

yup that's my next step.

not quite sure how to do this upgrade via the remote, it's not going to try do it's dance thing with the USB cable in?

yup that's my next step.

not quite sure how to do this upgrade via the remote, it's not going to try do it's dance thing with the USB cable in?

I'd go down the line of trying a different X3, otherwise you could end up making things worse for yourself. Ricc at Marionville Models in Livingston is a great guy and extremely helpful. Call him - 01506 429914

i know him, not someone i'd like to deal with but that's a whole different story.

going to contact DJI support.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan