Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Need some opinions.. First Funeral Home advert..

Reaction score
Tough ad to do.. Nothing positive about loosing a loved one, but I gave it a shot on my first Funeral advert. What do you guys think? This will run on local cable for 30 second spots..shot with all Osmo.

Reactions: EMCSQUAR
Looks good however, some of the camera panning is jagged / jumpy and I think the transitions are entirely too long.

Nice to see what the Osmo can do with something like this. At least the Osmo is not dead YET! I agree with shorting the dissolves (15-10 frames should do it) although I completely disagree with GuyNamedLindsey (sorry, no offense) This edit is a touchy subject. The dissolves gives it that "mood", it's not a cut-cut type piece, it's not going about the race track...cut-cut-cut, up in the air skateboard cut-cut-cut, nor wedding...cut-cut-cut. (the bride would kill you) I say stick with the dissolves which renders the mood your after. Or, you can always cut-cut-cut stick'em in the coffin and go to lunch!

Last edited:
Reactions: Highrpm955
A wise editor once told me - if you can't resolve it, dissolve it.
I'm with Lindsey on this one, otherwise looks pretty good. As you get better you'll see what kind of camera movements cut well to one another, at which point you'll start using the dissolve less and less.

Reactions: Highrpm955
A wise editor once told me - if you can't resolve it, dissolve it.
I'm with Lindsey on this one, otherwise looks pretty good. As you get better you'll see what kind of camera movements cut well to one another, at which point you'll start using the dissolve less and less.
I agree Sir!... Im not a fan of it myself, but this "mood" had to be soothing in my mind given the content... I wasn't even sure how to put this one together, as I have never done one before. These guys in this business have a really warped sense of humor.. I guess you would have too. The guy at the bottom, 2nd from the left kept blinking.... I shot that last scene 5 or 6 times, Nervous tick? .Anywho, Thanks for all the input guys and gals!, on to the next project!

On a side note.... its amazing what peoples expectations are. I showed this guy a very,very rough storyline and he said "Looks good!".. Im like "no no no, this isn't done yet'... People are weird. I take some pride in my work, but its amazing what people don't notice. I am by far not the best editor, but I will review a project at least ~40 times before I think its ready, and even then, Im not 100% happy with it, but the customer is always happy. BTW, the Thunder is closing in a tight game with the Warriors....we just need one more to close them out!!. GO THUNDER!

On a side note.... its amazing what peoples expectations are. I showed this guy a very,very rough storyline and he said "Looks good!".. Im like "no no no, this isn't done yet'... People are weird. I take some pride in my work, but its amazing what people don't notice. I am by far not the best editor, but I will review a project at least ~40 times before I think its ready, and even then, Im not 100% happy with it, but the customer is always happy. BTW, the Thunder is closing in a tight game with the Warriors....we just need one more to close them out!!. GO THUNDER!
Go raps

Easy buddy:)
Would love to see a raps - thunder final but sadly I don't think the NBA would allow it. It's the Lebron vs. Steph show after all...
Plus I'd put the Raps at 1000:1 to win two more games facing elimination.

Would love to see a raps - thunder final but sadly I don't think the NBA would allow it. It's the Lebron vs. Steph show after all...
Plus I'd put the Raps at 1000:1 to win two more games facing elimination.
Yeah, that would be cool, we just need one more tomorrow. That Steph is a **** 3 point shooter freak of nature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla