Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEEDED: 1 or 2 burnt out Inspire 1 motors

Reaction score
This is probably a strange request, but I need a couple of NOT WORKING Inspire 1 motors or motor bases.
The reason: The warranty on my Inspire 1 will end in a few months and when it does I do not plan to send it back to DJI for repairs I can do myself. Like changing motors when they wear out. And if DJI won't sell me the motors, I will make my own adapter plates so I can use the motors that have the mounting holes vertical. I have access to a CNC machine and the knowledge to use it. I just don't want to take my bird apart.

And please, don't tell me I can't do it because of not having jigs or this or that. Disassembling an item repairing it and reassembling it to the same spec's is what I do. And my plates will only raise the motors 1/8" vertically and I don't believe this will have any effect on the flight dynamics of the aircraft.

If anyone has these items and wants to give them to me (I'll pay shipping in North America) & I'll send you back a set of adapter plates free (you pay shipping).

Thanks in advance for your help

Something seems fishy!

Sounds like you want to swap your working motors for bad ones, then have dji warranty the bad ones. Thus leaving you with fresh motors on standby after your warranty expires.

If what you say is true you'd only need 1 motor to pull dimensions from. But you ask for a couple!

Hummmmm

Something seems fishy!

Sounds like you want to swap your working motors for bad ones, then have dji warranty the bad ones. Thus leaving you with fresh motors on standby after your warranty expires.

If what you say is true you'd only need 1 motor to pull dimensions from. But you ask for a couple!

Hummmmm
Wow, what can I say. You have one suspicious nature the TJ. I don't even know how to answer you politely so I'll just let it go!
I am not trying to screw DJI out of anything. I am a machinist by trade and just thought I'd ask here.
But if this is going to be an indication of the responces, FORGET IT, I'll pull one of my motors and get the measurements that way

Thanks

Please disregard this request.

Wow, what can I say. You have one suspicious nature the TJ. I don't even know how to answer you politely so I'll just let it go!
I am not trying to screw DJI out of anything. I am a machinist by trade and just thought I'd ask here.
But if this is going to be an indication of the responces, FORGET IT, I'll pull one of my motors and get the measurements that way

Thanks

Please disregard this request.
I'm 100% certain I don't speak on behalf of the other users. So I don't understand why you'd want your request disregarded. Unless it was a bogus request to begin with. Don't let one person's crazy imagination ruffle your feathers.

Something seems fishy!

Hummmmm

If you have a motor or two to sell/lend or give away.. that's fine
If you don't then what's your concern, what he wants or does with the motors

This is the actions of a Troll... Sir

If dji would release parts there would be no need for pilots to make requests like this.
When we take matters into our own hands and start making our own modifications, is when the safety factor goes out the window.
The best thing we can do is keep putting dji under pressure to sell spares.

I have the same idea as @Derfmen and I have already stripped a motor in preparation for making an adaptor plate.
I have attached some images and I will supply dimensions if required (taken from my micrometer).
pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg pic5.jpg

Reactions: The Editor
Someone on another forum wondered if the DJI Matrice motors can be installed on the Inspire V1, since DJI doesn't sell the original motors. If that can be confirmed, then I will purchase the Matrice spares and use on my Inspire. Anybody know?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix