Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Negative altitude with inspire 1

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have job coming up where I need to take some shots of a dock wall at low tide. My question is, if I take off at say 0m then fly over the dock wall and down to say - 9m, will this present a problem for the i1 RTH
Thanks

Hi guys,
I have job coming up where I need to take some shots of a dock wall at low tide. My question is, if I take off at say 0m then fly over the dock wall and down to say - 9m, will this present a problem for the i1 RTH
Thanks
Short answer - No.
This has been answered so many times previously.
Please use the search function on the forum and you will find many threads/posts regarding flying negative altitude with the I1.

Short answer - No.
This has been answered so many times previously.
Please use the search function on the forum and you will find many threads/posts regarding flying negative altitude with the I1.
Could you point in the right direction for the "many threads or posts" as I can find only 2 from 2015

Reactions: World Media
@Photo Jim and @tecbug

The thread was started with a question asking whether flying negative altitude would cause an issue.
I answered with 'No' which is a correct and concise response.
I then asked (politely) since I said 'please' to utilize the search function since this has been asked before.
I fail to see how that can be construed as rude?

Reactions: lrh111
@Photo Jim and @tecbug

The thread was started with a question asking whether flying negative altitude would cause an issue.
I answered with 'No' which is a correct and concise response.
I then asked (politely) since I said 'please' to utilize the search function since this has been asked before.
I fail to see how that can be construed as rude?
And I politely asked for some help in locating the posts, without reply

And I politely asked for some help in locating the posts, without reply
I'm afraid Mazz and myself simply cannot monitor or answer every single post/thread as well as moderate the entire forum.
I answered your question and mentioned that this has cropped up previously on other threads and to use the search function which you obviously did because you mentioned you found some.
I am not going to sit here and list them out for you, people have to help themselves a little occasionally and not get spoon fed.
Will flying the Inspire 1 below you (negative altitude) to the distances you are talking about cause any issues?
No - none whatsoever.

First of all, I personally very much appreciate the forum. I read it all the time. I have been lucky - until today - to not have any significant issues with my I1 (I posted for help with my issue and am hoping for an answer). Regarding this thread though, I guess sometimes it's best to say nothing at all if a comment like "This has been answered so many times previously" is what seems like the best way to respond to someone looking for help. That's the "rude" part. I'm sure I can speak for most of us on here that we sometimes feel helpless when trying to resolve issues with our expensive equipment. You can't get help fast enough from DJI (if ever), so you turn to your peers in your time of need. But when you get a comment like that, which implies that the very people you're seeking help from really don't seem to care to give it, well, it leaves you feeling helpless I guess. Just my point of view.

Reactions: tecbug
I often try and search for specific issues on this forum, and nothing or virtually nothing ever comes up anyway..!
Dont get me wrong, this forum is great and i read it a lot. But the 'search' function has gotta be the most useless i have encountered since about 1996..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen