Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Negative publicity for UAV's in US

Reaction score
This might bring some series regulations for UAV users ( especially in the US)

Yep, I'm glad I live up in Canada, the news is generally supportive of the technology and you don't really hear about the dangers unless someone does something really stupid... Then again our media isn't predicated on fear-mongering to the same extent as our neighbours to the south.

This has nothing to do with drones,but with the pilots who fly them.

Reactions: owenrg
Hier in Canada the mentality is completely different than in US . There thinking is (according their posts) " I can do whatever I want" ; and that isn' the way to go.

I didn't get your point. It is common sense that drone and pilot flying it goes together as a horse and carriage.
His point makes sense. Popular perception among those not familiar with UAVs, and particularly the message propagated by the media is that UAVs are bad and should be banned because they will crash into planes and take illicit photos of your children.

If it was common sense as you say it is, then the emphasis would be less on enacting new laws to appease constituents and more on enforcing existing ones.

Yep, I'm glad I live up in Canada, the news is generally supportive of the technology and you don't really hear about the dangers unless someone does something really stupid... Then again our media isn't predicated on fear-mongering to the same extent as our neighbours to the south.

But there is some fear mongering in Canada? Nice politically inspired reply, no pun intended my northern neighbor..
o_O

His point makes sense. Popular perception among those not familiar with UAVs, and particularly the message propagated by the media is that UAVs are bad and should be banned because they will crash into planes and take illicit photos of your children.

If it was common sense as you say it is, then the emphasis would be less on enacting new laws to appease constituents and more on enforcing existing ones.

Thanks for the recognition .
I can't stand people who cost the problem ,and blames everyone and everything else but themselves. Could you say " the bulet is to be blamed for hitting someone ,I jus pooled the trigger " or" the car is responsible for accident ,I was just the driver." Ones I insert the battery in the UAV
and turn it on, I am responsible for its actions PERIOD.

All these near collisions but not 1 single accident?. Today I got several news feeds on my phone about a helicopter crash and a airplane crash. I think 1 dead in those incidents, but the UAV makes the news with "near misses". The UAV that has not caused one single crash or death yet...yep sounds like the USA unfortunately.

I didn't get your point. It is common sense that drone and pilot flying it goes together as a horse and carriage.
Nah,now I don't get your point.A horse can move by it's own,Drones can't.So a drone is goint to whatever direction by the pilot.;);)

All these near collisions but not 1 single accident?. Today I got several news feeds on my phone about a helicopter crash and a airplane crash. I think 1 dead in those incidents, but the UAV makes the news with "near misses". The UAV that has not caused one single crash or death yet...yep sounds like the USA unfortunately.
Your right! I head Capt Sully on the radio today ( he's the guy that landed in the Hudson River). Announcer asked him how big the drones were " well they can up up to 55lbs" Now come on how many 55lb drones are flying. His implication was to scare people into thinking these things are large and dangerous!

Nah,now I don't get your point.A horse can move by it's own,Drones can't.So a drone is goint to whatever direction by the pilot.;);)
Here you go little bit of thinking and you get it on your own ( (horse can move on it's own ,drones can't ) ;and that's my point too , the horse and carriage was just a hint for you to sort it out .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962