Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nevada Drone Law

I'm surprised we didn't hear anything about these regulations while they were in the works. Really disappointing to see a law like this.
Did anybody try to fight it while it was being proposed?????? Have to stand up and fight as a group folks!!!!!!

It doesn't look like many people give a hoot...
Turbodronepilot,

You are right seem like people don't care, posted on DJI forum under Inspire and Phantom pro and was ask what I don't like about the new law and thinks it's fair. Will see how fair it is when they can only fly in their living rooms.

Turbodronepilot,

You are right seem like people don't care, posted on DJI forum under Inspire and Phantom pro and was ask what I don't like about the new law and thinks it's fair. Will see how fair it is when they can only fly in their living rooms.
Hey marcus600. .
pilots who use their ac to take pictures or video usually will be on private property so they won't care too much..
guys who fly fpv are more likely to fly over private property.
At 250 feet it's hard to see anything on the ground but at least you can still go on a journey. ..
hopefully soon we will have a camera with a good zoom to offset the altitude restrictions. ..
Unfortunately there wasn't much talk about the laws in Nevada like there was in California not that that would make a difference. ..
Luckily for us in California 10 anti drone laws were killed ..
We will see if the faa gets involved and supersedes the new laws in Nevada. .
Hopefully things work out for you ..
don't let it get you down ..
turb. ...

Reactions: Outta Control
with a 2 mile range and a 50+mph top speed its pretty hard to track it back to the pilot unless he is very close to you, lol! whos gonna report you anyway? most people dont care and unless youre being intentionally annoying most people wont even notice the drone anyway.

Reactions: Sunscreen
with a 2 mile range and a 50+mph top speed its pretty hard to track it back to the pilot unless he is very close to you, lol! whos gonna report you anyway? most people dont care and unless youre being intentionally annoying most people wont even notice the drone anyway.
We already have strict laws in Australia and those of us that have a license will be keen on reporting anyone flying illegally without a license. I know I will. I would think it very easy to track someone down as they operate under GPS. If you do it for a hobby here, you have to obey the laws. If you dont someone will report you. We paid to have a license and you can too.

We already have strict laws in Australia and those of us that have a license will be keen on reporting anyone flying illegally without a license. I know I will. I would think it very easy to track someone down as they operate under GPS. If you do it for a hobby here, you have to obey the laws. If you dont someone will report you. We paid to have a license and you can too.
@DennisR the post is not really about licence or no licence or reporting it's about new zealously restrictive laws in Nevada. Just sayin'

Reactions: Joola
Fortunately the nevada laws don't look like they will survive court challenges: http://www.faa.gov/uas/regulations_policies/media/UAS_Fact_Sheet_Final.pdf
Can you point out which part you think could be used to fight the Nevada law? I quickly read through this but didn't really see anything that could really be used to nullify it. It just states some instances in which it's recommend to consult with the FAA prior, and others that are within local/state jurisdiction. Maybe I missed something or interpreted it incorrectly.

• Operational UAS restrictions on flight altitude, flight paths; operational bans; any regulation of the navigable airspace. For example – a city ordinance banning anyone from operating UAS within the city limits, within the airspace of the city, or within certain distances of landmarks. Federal courts strictly scrutinize state and local regulation of overflight. City of Burbank v. Lockheed Air Terminal, 411 U.S. 624 (1973); Skysign International, Inc. v. City and County of Honolulu, 276 F.3d 1109, 1117 (9th Cir. 2002); American Airlines v. Town of Hempstead, 398 F.2d 369 (2d Cir. 1968); American Airlines v. City of Audubon Park, 407 F.2d 1306 (6th Cir. 1969).

• Operational UAS restrictions on flight altitude, flight paths; operational bans; any regulation of the navigable airspace. For example – a city ordinance banning anyone from operating UAS within the city limits, within the airspace of the city, or within certain distances of landmarks. Federal courts strictly scrutinize state and local regulation of overflight. City of Burbank v. Lockheed Air Terminal, 411 U.S. 624 (1973); Skysign International, Inc. v. City and County of Honolulu, 276 F.3d 1109, 1117 (9th Cir. 2002); American Airlines v. Town of Hempstead, 398 F.2d 369 (2d Cir. 1968); American Airlines v. City of Audubon Park, 407 F.2d 1306 (6th Cir. 1969).
I figured that's the section you were referring to...

I would love for AB 239 to be nullified by the federal court but reading through it again just now, I don't see anything in there violated any of the examples cited above. AB 239 doesn't ban any type of operation (except weaponizing). They just established that permission is required prior to operations within 5 miles of an airport, or within 500 feet of a critical facility. Also, the trespass portion (flights sub 250' over private property) is covered under the section of the article you linked that the FAA says is within state and local authority to regulate.

Don't get me wrong. I think AB 239 is a stupid, reactionary bill that should be amended to be less restrictive, but I don't think a federal court would rule against it. Let me know if I'm missing something obvious. I'm happy to have my mind changed.

We need to make a law that does not allow government to make stupid laws! We have to fight back people! This is not a one way street!

We need to make a law that does not allow government to make stupid laws! We have to fight back people! This is not a one way street!
I gather that you think anyone and everyone should be able to fly a 3 kilo weight where ever they want and over people and in the path of larger aircraft?

I gather that you think anyone and everyone should be able to fly a 3 kilo weight where ever they want and over people and in the path of larger aircraft?
What? Large *** planes fall out of the sky and kill people. Smart and responsible people dont do stupid things. Blanket laws do not help.

Gps is used from controller to craft to hold the craft stationary, you can't track them by gps unless you have the remote control.

Gps is used from controller to craft to hold the craft stationary, you can't track them by gps unless you have the remote control.

Give it time, if not already! Technology is evolving and drones will be trackable, like it or not, they have a transmitter.. FCC got this!! Radar technology has been used for decades..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop