Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Nevada Drone Law

Give it time, if not already! Technology is evolving and drones will be trackable, like it or not, they have a transmitter.. FCC got this!! Radar technology has been used for decades..
If that was the case, which it's not, they would already tie them into aircrafts transponders and there would be no problems. The anti drone media hype is because they can't track them and have no clue where they are.

If that was the case, which it's not, they would already tie them into aircrafts transponders and there would be no problems. The anti drone media hype is because they can't track them and have no clue where they are.
Im not sure of your point but if you are saying no one will be able to track anyone not having a license, then you need to realise it is not the authorities that are the problem. its the public. I have a license but was filming over the water the other day just off the beach and filming beach scenes for a video. A very angry man came over the sand hills and abused me. He went ape and threatened to destroy my inspire Pro as well as dob me in. I told him I was allowed to film and had a license, I produce tv commercials for a living but he was having none of that. To be honest, I was so upset that after I got home, I had panic attack and vertigo. We are all going to experience a lot of that sort of behaviour from insane members of the public. Its no laughing matter I can tell you. I feel I need a few more days before I'm ready to fly again. I need to get that out of my mind.

Not going to argue the point! "When there is a Transmitter, there is a Receiver". Just because it's not available doesn't mean it already exists or is already being used. Our rigs operate in the WiFi band.. A concentrated RF BEAM (Yagi Directional Antenna) receiver can detect a moving signal. Ham Radio operators have been using this technology for tracking beacons, and more publicly tracking dogs with directional beams. Again just because it's not publicly available doesn't mean the technology exists. With more rapid growing use of drones, without a doubt we will start seeing this technology evolve. Just an FYI, remember, when there is a transmitter, there is a receiver, it's a FACT[emoji6]..... The laws surrounding the production of such items remains to be seen as there are privacy and legality of use. "Jammers" exist, but they're illegal in the USA, doesn't mean people don't own or use them, the law is based on its use and how to use them that is within question.. Just like owning a Ham radio. You can own them but can not operate them without proper license and training, just not your ordinary CB radio. Not sure if you were aware that cellphone technology has been around long before the inception, Ham Radio/Military operators had the capability long before cell towers and cellphones became public! Transponders are an expensive technology, I'm quite certain at this point it's already congested.. Doesn't mean it's already in the R&D phase[emoji6]! Personally I believe our hobby would have had the technology already, but it is an expensive route. Next questions would involve our hobby, next would be the the profession, or recreational use, the consumer will pay. We have all witnessed the "rise of the drones" (Drone Boom) and a better understanding of its specific use, it's No Wander R&D Is playing CATCH-UP[emoji6]! I "Stand Strong" that it exists already, COUNT ON IT!

I don't necessarily disagree with either of you but I think you misunderstood my point. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying the main issue right now is accountability because they can't currently easily track uavs and no one is actively doing it, hence the implementation of the registry system.

Yes random people when flying in public are a problem sometimes and there will always be clueless dinks out there. I've heard a few stories of pilots being harassed while flying but if you're using common sense the law it's on your side and there's no reason to fear these fools, we should all educate them when possible.
To date everyone that's witnessed me flying thought it was really cool and asked me questions about it which I happily answer, no one was hostile but then again I use common sense when flying and don't harass or fly to close to other people or private property plus I'm 6ft tall 240 pounds and I almost always conceal carry so you'd have to be a real nut job to try and pick a fight with me so I'm not really worried about the wack jobs personally.

Reactions: Ragwing and PB30X
Looks like we have new laws in Nevada not too happy:mad:

New drone laws, regulations go into effect Thursday
Im new to drones i just got my first one a few weeks ago, and am using primarily for aerial photography. I travel to Nevada a couple times a year and was excited to bring my drone, but if I read the law correctly you can only fly between 250-500 feet? I understand the 500 foot ceiling is a FAA regulation and thats fine, honestly i've taken mine to 400' up and got nervous LOL

I really hope any one charged with one of these states laws goes to court. In this NV law it says stay below 500 feet but FAA says 400. I also want them to prove my UAV was under 250 feet. are all the cops going to car a laser distance finder?

Reactions: SultanGris
I really hope any one charged with one of these states laws goes to court. In this NV law it says stay below 500 feet but FAA says 400. I also want them to prove my UAV was under 250 feet. are all the cops going to car a laser distance finder?

If they're going to be a-holes about it it will be your word against there's and unless you have proof beyond any doubt they win.

States aren't permitted to regulate radios, but Virginia and other places have laws against radar detectors -- if you get a ticket in Virgina for having a radar detector you might win in court but it will cost you 100X the cost of paying the ticket.

But, the law has an obvious problem with it -- if you must be between 250 and 500 how do you get to and from 250? That is, at least twice each flight, on take off and landing, you will be below 250 feet.

In many places where anti drone laws have been passed it's because a shady business group is trying to prevent environmental and similar groups from exposing corporate bad behavior. A case in Texas of a rancher dumping agricultural waste that was documented by a drone lead very quickly to laws banning drones in many places not related to airports or similar.

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter