Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New 1.5.70 update has broken remote (doesnt link, camera view cannot see video)

Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Purchased my Inspire a few days ago, updated the Firmware on aircraft and on remotes to 1.4 without any problems.

Today, while running the DJI Go App, it said a new Firmware was available (1.5.70) for the Remote Controller. I downloaded it through the app, and installed.

Now the remote controller wont link to the Aircraft (whether through the link procedure or through the manual method of holding C1+C2+Vid Rec + Scroll button). In the app certain buttons like Link Controller, or Set to Master or to slave just dont work. Remote controller has constant light blue light on it, and wont link up to aircraft.

Can someone assist me please? I tried this method DJI Phantom 3 Advance & Professional Controller Update Information. - RC Groups - it didnt help.

I need to get it working ASAP as on Saturday I will fly to a cruise ship on an assignment to film it with the drone - which isnt working now! I wont have internet there so I only really have Friday 27th November
to fix this bugger.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Adriana.

Something to add - in the DJI Go app, when i press the NO SIGNAL it says there - Updates required in the Overall Status. When I press that, it shows that the RC is required to uodate to Download version 1.5.70 (even though in the About section it shows my RC as having that same version). When I press that - the thing says: Download Failed. Please check Network Connection. Pressing RETRY says the same Network connection message.

In the ABOUT section my app is showing 2.4.1 (I am on android samsung tablet) and RC shows 1.5.70.

I have re-downloaded / reinstalled the app, doesnt fix the problem.

Also whats weird, is that before pressing various buttons used to emit beeps. Now there are no beeps from any of the button presses.

I have downloaded firmware 1.4.0.10 again, put it on USB key (Formated FAT32) and placed into controller. Turned it on... nothing happens even after a few minutes wait.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with my controller I don't understand why would Dji set us up like this this is not cool

I also had same problem. Upgrade failed then the rc would not beep and the light was light blue. Wouldn't reset using the c1, c2, shutter button method either. The app showed an upgrade for the Phantom, not Inspire, so out of frustration I decided to let it download the firmware for the Phantom, and then my rc started beeping and it upgraded and fixed itself.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Was prompted to upgrade controller. Updated controller(s) master & slave from 1.4.30 to 1.5.70. Immediately received a warning that the "Aircraft warming up" never saw this before. Then the "Landing gear raising" ???, then "Weak transmission signal", then Authorize slave controller 9Q2, then a yellow circle with a yellow dot in the center and a plus + sign at 1:00 o'clock. The controllers and I1 have worked perfectly for the past two months and over 75 flights. Has this anomaly happened to anyone else?

Also, I have no battery line showing amount used, battery which is 100% show 0% on both the master and slave and apart from pan and tilt I have no control over the camera in either the master or slave.

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem. Totally messed me up. I had a paying client today. Was in the field and when I launched the app, it required the firmware update. This was without internet or wifi connection. Had to cancel the flight and lost the job. Now, back on the work bench, tried to download 1.5.70 and download failed. Turned off controller, deleted DJI Go app from Galaxy, then downloaded it again. Controller won't work at all. Steady light blue light. No sound when turning it on. No connection to Galaxy Note tablet. Shame on you DJI.

I did use my IPad Air instead of my Android Nvidia Shield after experiencing the bricked rc, and then frustrated, clicked on the firmware upgrade notice for the Phantom and surprisingly the rc started upgrading, beeping, and fixed itself. Don't know if this will work for others, dji needs to fix this.

Hi,
I'm getting an identical problem with my Slave RC on my Inspire. I've got a Pair of Galaxy Tab4's hooked to my RC's. The 1st eventually loaded 1.5.70 & can connect with the aircraft for a short time, but then looses connection after a minute or so. The slave RC, however, has gone 'full retard' & won't entertain any connectivity.

JEEEEEEZ! :(

***UPDATE***
It appears that the swapping the Galaxy Tab & replacing it with an iPad Mini cracked it, however, there was some DJI weirdness thrown in for good measure.
After I took the Galaxy off the Slave RC & hooked up an iPad Mini, I opened up the DJI GO app & the only aircraft available was the Phantom 3. So I clicked to connect to that, went thru to the update menus & sure enough it started beeping like the update was finally installing.
However, 1/2 way through, a message pooped up telling me the RC had suffered a hardware malfunction and should be returned to DJI support for repair.
About a minute later, the update finished & ive now got a steady connection with the aircraft with the Slave.
The master controller is still dropping out after a few minutes tho, so not sure if this is Galaxy specific as the iPad is not suffering from the same fault.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
I was also having these problems earlier today when i took my Inspire 1 out. It was it's maiden voyage and I couldn't get the controllers to talk to eachother. after bringing it home and troubleshooting the problem i realized that one of my ipads was using an old version of dji go app..upon updating it solved the problems and the controllers are talking fine. hope this helped.

***UPDATE***
It appears that the swapping the Galaxy Tab & replacing it with an iPad Mini cracked it, however, there was some DJI weirdness thrown in for good measure.
After I took the Galaxy off the Slave RC & hooked up an iPad Mini, I opened up the DJI GO app & the only aircraft available was the Phantom 3. So I clicked to connect to that, went thru to the update menus & sure enough it started beeping like the update was finally installing.
However, 1/2 way through, a message pooped up telling me the RC had suffered a hardware malfunction and should be returned to DJI support for repair.
About a minute later, the update finished & ive now got a steady connection with the aircraft with the Slave.
The master controller is still dropping out after a few minutes tho, so not sure if this is Galaxy specific as the iPad is not suffering from the same fault.

Yes. That worked for me. I used my iPhone 6 to relaunch the update and now my controller is back up and running. Apparently, there is a new update for Galaxy Tab today 12/1. Perhaps DJI corporate was aware of this issue and updated it.

Yes. That worked for me. I used my iPhone 6 to relaunch the update and now my controller is back up and running. Apparently, there is a new update for Galaxy Tab today 12/1. Perhaps DJI corporate was aware of this issue and updated it.
Keep with Apple iOS devices. They are much more reliable and consistent. I would not touch an Android with a barge pole.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide