Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New 1.5.70 update has broken remote (doesnt link, camera view cannot see video)

Was prompted to upgrade controller. Updated controller(s) master & slave from 1.4.30 to 1.5.70. Immediately received a warning that the "Aircraft warming up" never saw this before. Then the "Landing gear raising" ???, then "Weak transmission signal", then Authorize slave controller 9Q2, then a yellow circle with a yellow dot in the center and a plus + sign at 1:00 o'clock. The controllers and I1 have worked perfectly for the past two months and over 75 flights. Has this anomaly happened to anyone else?

Also, I have no battery line showing amount used, battery which is 100% show 0% on both the master and slave and apart from pan and tilt I have no control over the camera in either the master or slave.

I did the upgrade yesterday with no issues. I was already on the latest inspire and app firmware. I opened he Go app which indicated that an RC upgrade was required.

I use iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6s. I downloaded the new update on both the master and slave transmitters, then updated, rebooted both transmitters and then tested with no issues.

Also tested my autoflight app and that was fine as well.

It seems that iOS devices are working fine - perhaps the majority of issues are with android?

Was prompted to upgrade controller. Updated controller(s) master & slave from 1.4.30 to 1.5.70. Immediately received a warning that the "Aircraft warming up" never saw this before. Then the "Landing gear raising" ???, then "Weak transmission signal", then Authorize slave controller 9Q2, then a yellow circle with a yellow dot in the center and a plus + sign at 1:00 o'clock. The controllers and I1 have worked perfectly for the past two months and over 75 flights. Has this anomaly happened to anyone else?

Also, I have no battery line showing amount used, battery which is 100% show 0% on both the master and slave and apart from pan and tilt I have no control over the camera in either the master or slave.
Happened to me yesterday, all the same symptoms. I just want to find a fix to all this.

Hello Friends,

Purchased my Inspire a few days ago, updated the Firmware on aircraft and on remotes to 1.4 without any problems.

Today, while running the DJI Go App, it said a new Firmware was available (1.5.70) for the Remote Controller. I downloaded it through the app, and installed.

Now the remote controller wont link to the Aircraft (whether through the link procedure or through the manual method of holding C1+C2+Vid Rec + Scroll button). In the app certain buttons like Link Controller, or Set to Master or to slave just dont work. Remote controller has constant light blue light on it, and wont link up to aircraft.

Can someone assist me please? I tried this method DJI Phantom 3 Advance & Professional Controller Update Information. - RC Groups - it didnt help.

I need to get it working ASAP as on Saturday I will fly to a cruise ship on an assignment to film it with the drone - which isnt working now! I wont have internet there so I only really have Friday 27th November
to fix this bugger.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Adriana.[/QUOTE

Go to the DJI go app and update your tablet. I just did and it fixed it all.

Here's a more complete description of my previous post:

I purchased my Inspire 1 with Dual Controls directly from DJI in August, and have been operating it regularly since.

Recently, I was prompted to upgrade the firmware, so I did. The progress bar indicated successful upgrades. Upon booting up, my DJI GO app shows Firmware Version is the latest on both controllers.

However, I get a message at the top of the App screen: “Aircraft warming up” which I’ve never seen before. Then the “Landing Gear Raising” voice, when the aircraft is powered on , but without the motors running. Then I get “weak transmission signal” in an area I’ve flown many times. Battery level indicator shows 0%, with any of my fully charged batteries. And a prompt to “authorize gimbal control” & “authorize slave controller”.

I do see the camera shot, and both controllers properly control the gimbal. HELP- I have professional obligations with this aircraft, and a reputation for dependability!

NOTE: everything had been running fine for scores of flights prior to this upgrade. Here’s what I have been successfully using:

On the Main Controller: Samsung SM-G850A smart phone, Android version 5.0.2. The “About” section on the DJI GO App says App 2.1.0; RC 1.5.70; Firmware 1.4.00.10

On the Slave controller: Samsung Tablet SM-T700, Android 5.0.2. The “About” section on the DJI GO App says App 2.0.2’ Firmware 1.4.00.10

I thought that Firmware 1.5.7.0 was downloading. I did the upgrades directly from the units / smartphone & tablet.

NOTE: I turn off all other apps on my devices and put them in Airplane Mode when operating. All has worked fine until now.

HELP

Hello Friends,

Purchased my Inspire a few days ago, updated the Firmware on aircraft and on remotes to 1.4 without any problems.

Today, while running the DJI Go App, it said a new Firmware was available (1.5.70) for the Remote Controller. I downloaded it through the app, and installed.

Now the remote controller wont link to the Aircraft (whether through the link procedure or through the manual method of holding C1+C2+Vid Rec + Scroll button). In the app certain buttons like Link Controller, or Set to Master or to slave just dont work. Remote controller has constant light blue light on it, and wont link up to aircraft.

Can someone assist me please? I tried this method DJI Phantom 3 Advance & Professional Controller Update Information. - RC Groups - it didnt help.

I need to get it working ASAP as on Saturday I will fly to a cruise ship on an assignment to film it with the drone - which isnt working now! I wont have internet there so I only really have Friday 27th November
to fix this bugger.

Your assistance will be appreciated.

Warm Regards,

Adriana.
Adriana, sounds like you have an Android tablet or phone. Open up DJI Go on your Android device and down load the latest firmware and everything should go back to normal.

After several hours, I now have everything working. It was gruelling. Before I did the firmware upgrade, I upgraded the GO app on my samsung phone and samsung tablet, to 2.4.2. The firmware upgrade somehow knocked it back to 2.0.2.

I re-loaded and installed the new GO app on the phone, and that controller / phone worked, with 2.4.2. The Samsung Tablet SM-T700 wouldn't upgrade the same way. Kept telling me that my device is not compatible. I uninstalled the app, then went back to the download, installed, and bingo! Back in business!

Reactions: Mario Valencia
I'm running an iPad and had the same problems, no battery information, no satellite info, no camera settings control, no SD card information. Yet both controllers and the aircraft are talking to each other.

I just uninstalled then reinstalled the DJI GO app and everything is back to normal!

Last edited:
OMG!!! I can't believe DJI allow this to happen.
I too updated the Master controller and all was good. But now my slave will not connect, link or show any video. I get the 'How to connect' button on the app's splash screen only.
I too am a pro UAV operator and now I cannot use my UAV so no income.
Fantastic DJI, just fantastic.

Reset Slave RC
Try this - press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red. Then relink to master RC.

You could try this reset, also
press C1+C2+record, wait for the D-DD sound -> press right wheel button

Reset Slave RC
Try this - press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, turn off and turn on the RC without releasing these buttons. After resetting, the indicator of RC should be Red. Then relink to master RC.

You could try this reset, also
press C1+C2+record, wait for the D-DD sound -> press right wheel button

Hi Steve.
Yes I did this last night, but what happened is the Slave (which was connected to the Master and AC) is now disconnected and not linked, and as I have no USB connection/connectivity, I can't get past the opening splash screen on the app (Enter Camera View). It's like the USB port is now dead.

Hi Steve.
Yes I did this last night, but what happened is the Slave (which was connected to the Master and AC) is now disconnected and not linked, and as I have no USB connection/connectivity, I can't get past the opening splash screen on the app (Enter Camera View). It's like the USB port is now dead.
If the reset made a change to what you had before then that is good. You may have to reconnect the slave to the master..... What color is the lite on the RC? Purple, red?
Try deleting the slave from the master... Maybe try and make the slave the master.

If the reset made a change to what you had before then that is good. You may have to reconnect the slave to the master..... What color is the lite on the RC? Purple, red?
Try deleting the slave from the master... Maybe try and make the slave the master.

Hi Steve. here is my latest correspondence with DJI, it gives a very detailed description of what happened. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Cheers.
I have attached a photo. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL CAREFULLY, this is the 3rd time I have explained this issue in detail. I will try and make it clearer with the aid of the attached picture which contains 3 photos.
Prior to me updating the firmware of my Aircraft and controllers, both controllers connected to the aircraft, the DJI Go app and operated with no issues.
I have 3 devices to choose from to run the DJI GO app. On all of these devices I am running the latest version of the GO App (v2.4.3) on both my Ipad mini 2's and my Samsung Galaxy S6.
a) My Inspire aircraft was updated via SD card successfully to version v.1.5.0.30.
b) The DJI Go App confirmed the update to the aircraft and the app prompted me to apply the latest firmware update (v1.5.70) to each of my controllers via the app, which I did.
c) The update procedure was initiated on A (master) and after updating, the Master (controller A see attached picture PHOTO 1) was fine as you can see via the green light and connects to the aircraft and I can get into the app and I get a picture when the camera is attached. The B (slave) controller no longer had USB connectivity and would not let you into the app but at this time it was still linked to the A (Master), it had a purple light and it would still move the camera/gimbal but you could not get a picture or enter the app (see PHOTO 2).
d) As it was the slave, it was suggested that I reset the controller and rebind it to the aircraft as the master and see if that fixed the problem.
e) I bound the Slave (B controller) to the aircraft giving me a green light, it could start the motors and control the aircraft but there was still no USB connectivity (see attached picture PHOTO 3). It's like the USB port on this remote has now been disconnected so there is no way to enter the app and thereby no way to re-link this controller to the Master (A). If I plug in a USB stick (with the latest firmware) into the back of the remote nothing happens. Similarly, if I connect the remote to the camera gimbal (with new firmware on the SD card) nothing happens. If I plug my Galaxy S6 phone into the Slave (B) remote it charges the phone but the neither my android devices or my Ipad mini 2's can connect to the remote (see attached picture PHOTO 1).
f) I have tried multiple android and IOS devices, multiple cords, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app numerous times and still no luck.
Sally, I can supply you with the original invoice (it was purchased on the 14th Nov 2014 but 2,000 km from where I now live) but as I am a pro user and need this for my income, surely I should be able to take the remote to a local dealer and have them update it or re-flash it without me having to send it back and take 6 weeks even if it cost me a service fee. This problem is happening to multiple people if you check the 'Inspirepilots' forums.
Surely DJI should be able to fix this or at least supply us with a simple method to fix this as it is clearly being caused by the firmware update process. At least offer us something that is local rather than the 6 week back to China process.
Awaiting your prompt reply.
Regards
Bradd

Attachments

• Controllers.jpg
    Controllers.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Hi Steve. here is my latest correspondence with DJI, it gives a very detailed description of what happened. If you have any suggestions, let me know. Cheers.
I have attached a photo. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE EMAIL CAREFULLY, this is the 3rd time I have explained this issue in detail. I will try and make it clearer with the aid of the attached picture which contains 3 photos.
Prior to me updating the firmware of my Aircraft and controllers, both controllers connected to the aircraft, the DJI Go app and operated with no issues.
I have 3 devices to choose from to run the DJI GO app. On all of these devices I am running the latest version of the GO App (v2.4.3) on both my Ipad mini 2's and my Samsung Galaxy S6.
a) My Inspire aircraft was updated via SD card successfully to version v.1.5.0.30.
b) The DJI Go App confirmed the update to the aircraft and the app prompted me to apply the latest firmware update (v1.5.70) to each of my controllers via the app, which I did.
c) The update procedure was initiated on A (master) and after updating, the Master (controller A see attached picture PHOTO 1) was fine as you can see via the green light and connects to the aircraft and I can get into the app and I get a picture when the camera is attached. The B (slave) controller no longer had USB connectivity and would not let you into the app but at this time it was still linked to the A (Master), it had a purple light and it would still move the camera/gimbal but you could not get a picture or enter the app (see PHOTO 2).
d) As it was the slave, it was suggested that I reset the controller and rebind it to the aircraft as the master and see if that fixed the problem.
e) I bound the Slave (B controller) to the aircraft giving me a green light, it could start the motors and control the aircraft but there was still no USB connectivity (see attached picture PHOTO 3). It's like the USB port on this remote has now been disconnected so there is no way to enter the app and thereby no way to re-link this controller to the Master (A). If I plug in a USB stick (with the latest firmware) into the back of the remote nothing happens. Similarly, if I connect the remote to the camera gimbal (with new firmware on the SD card) nothing happens. If I plug my Galaxy S6 phone into the Slave (B) remote it charges the phone but the neither my android devices or my Ipad mini 2's can connect to the remote (see attached picture PHOTO 1).
f) I have tried multiple android and IOS devices, multiple cords, I have uninstalled and re-installed the app numerous times and still no luck.
Sally, I can supply you with the original invoice (it was purchased on the 14th Nov 2014 but 2,000 km from where I now live) but as I am a pro user and need this for my income, surely I should be able to take the remote to a local dealer and have them update it or re-flash it without me having to send it back and take 6 weeks even if it cost me a service fee. This problem is happening to multiple people if you check the 'Inspirepilots' forums.
Surely DJI should be able to fix this or at least supply us with a simple method to fix this as it is clearly being caused by the firmware update process. At least offer us something that is local rather than the 6 week back to China process.
Awaiting your prompt reply.
Regards
Bradd

Here is another thing to try.
Delete the App, Reset the RC, then reinstall the App. This is a known issue with v2.4.3.

I just bought my inspire used and all the updates were done to the firmware before this release. I've heard a lot of horror stories as well, including this thread of course.

Has anyone gotten this update to work normally? I'm nervous about trying it now. I would be using an iPad Air 2, and it seems the iOS devices are working better for the update.

This is my first update process so I really don't want to screw it up.

I just bought my inspire used and all the updates were done to the firmware before this release. I've heard a lot of horror stories as well, including this thread of course.

Has anyone gotten this update to work normally? I'm nervous about trying it now. I would be using an iPad Air 2, and it seems the iOS devices are working better for the update.

This is my first update process so I really don't want to screw it up.
Welcome to the Inspire. I have done all the updates and have experienced none of the reported issues.

Before you consider any updates you need to know that none of them is mandatory despite what you may see on the GO app. First, I would install the GO app (2.4.3) on your iPad and check what firmware is already installed. Power up the RC and App and then your I1. Select the icon at the top right (3 dots and lines) and scroll to the bottom of the dialog and tap on About. The latest firmware is: aircraft 1.6.0.40 and RC 1.5.70 but anything after 1.3.x and 1.4.x will fly fine. I would then, after charging the battery, take the I1 for a short flight (in training mode 30m/30m) and check that everything is working. Ignore all update warning for now.

If you want to update, read the firmware installation guidelines. The .bin should be in the root directory of a MicroSD in FAT32 formatted in the aircraft camera (using GO app). Make sure the RC is off before powering up the aircraft for the update. The RC is can now only be updated via the GO app (downloaded to your iPad and then to the RC).

Welcome to the Inspire. I have done all the updates and have experienced none of the reported issues.

Before you consider any updates you need to know that none of them is mandatory despite what you may see on the GO app. First, I would install the GO app (2.4.3) on your iPad and check what firmware is already installed. Power up the RC and App and then your I1. Select the icon at the top right (3 dots and lines) and scroll to the bottom of the dialog and tap on About. The latest firmware is: aircraft 1.6.0.40 and RC 1.5.70 but anything after 1.3.x and 1.4.x will fly fine. I would then, after charging the battery, take the I1 for a short flight (in training mode 30m/30m) and check that everything is working. Ignore all update warning for now.

If you want to update, read the firmware installation guidelines. The .bin should be in the root directory of a MicroSD in FAT32 formatted in the aircraft camera (using GO app). Make sure the RC is off before powering up the aircraft for the update. The RC is can now only be updated via the GO app (downloaded to your iPad and then to the RC).
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah i'm on version 15 and was gonna leave it there. Have both RCs up to date. I've updated my V2+ and haven't had too many issues in the past but the inspire costs a little more to replace ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scotflieger
Hello. I need help. I have updated my Inspire1 with FW v.1.6.0.40 Aircraft updated successfully.
Then i have updated the RC in DJI GO app. I have Android. I have downloaded the FW. I have start upgrade and it does make the DD sound as always. But at the and of process, in the Overall Status it says:

”Upgrade failed” Current version: 1.5.70
Download version: 1.5.70

”Please don't disconnect the RC and your mobile device and make sure the RC power is more than 50%, the upgrade takes about 10 minute, please don't turn off the RC during upgrade.”

Than i tap ”Retry” and it says:

”Disconnected”

I have tried to make upgrade with USB and SD card. No success.
I can't reset the RC.
The led indicator is light. No sound when i turn on the RC. I can't put the aircraft in travel mode.
Please help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk