Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New 1345T Quick Release Props

Let me know if you guys think this is a big deal. I tried a test flight and everything seems fine..

"
"

Mine is also like yours - a little play - does not affect the flight at all. I haven about 20 flights with mine and they are very nice. Have been flying with T - motor carbon props until now ( but crashed my props some days ago ) - thought I should give this new DJI system a go. Well until now I am pleased.

Anyone try to balance the 1345t props? You can't use a balance rod like for the 1345 or 1345s with du-bro balancer.
The t's have an oblong hole for mounting.
JE
I had same question. I don't want to leave this to whatever DJI allegedly does for balancing. Hard for me to believe they pre-balance them. Though, I don't imagine they are too far off, it's always better to confirm balance one's self.

I had same question. I don't want to leave this to whatever DJI allegedly does for balancing. Hard for me to believe they pre-balance them. Though, I don't imagine they are too far off, it's always better to confirm balance one's self.
I figured it out, mount the hub onto the prop before mounting to the l1. Then tighten the hub halfway, so the heaviest part is between
and centered. Then the balancing rod will work.
JE
p.s. some of these props are way off balance!

I figured it out, mount the hub onto the prop before mounting to the l1. Then tighten the hub halfway, so the heaviest part is between
and centered. Then the balancing rod will work.
JE
p.s. some of these props are way off balance!
That is exactly what I thought would be the solution. I'm not surprised that balance was off. Appreciate the update. Might be worth putting a post up of this solution if you have time. If for no other reason than to illustrate the new props are not necessarily spot on when delivered.

Something worth mentioning as well is that another benefit of these props other than they're 'secureness' is that they are designed to carry heavier payloads i.e. the Zenmuse X5.

Reactions: breathein
I'm wanting to order more of these props for my V2. Are there four in the pack, or do you have to buy two packs to get all four? Also, I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and have noticed that one or two is not quite as snug as the other. I even noticed after a flight that they had backed off a little, but nothing crazy. Just snugged them back up and they seem good to go.

I'm wanting to order more of these props for my V2. Are there four in the pack, or do you have to buy two packs to get all four? Also, I've had mine for a couple of weeks now and have noticed that one or two is not quite as snug as the other. I even noticed after a flight that they had backed off a little, but nothing crazy. Just snugged them back up and they seem good to go.
Two packs to get all four I'm afraid.

Reactions: CoolMetal
Let me know if you guys think this is a big deal. I tried a test flight and everything seems fine..

"
"

Hi there

Just got my 1345 T QR props. Slight play in my props too but having read these posts not too concerned. What does concern me slightly is that the instructions say on installing the props ," Attach the prop onto the motor and once again rotate the retainer until the arrows are aligned and you hear a click ".... Ok so I rotate the retainer.....but I hear no click ! Is this normal or should I be hearing a click ?

I am pretty surprised to see you guys switch to the 1345T locks as I thought this was the least secure design.

These came on my Inspire from the factory and I lost a prop completely on take off once. Switched to self-tightening props right after that happened.

I am pretty surprised to see you guys switch to the 1345T locks as I thought this was the least secure design.

These came on my Inspire from the factory and I lost a prop completely on take off once. Switched to self-tightening props right after that happened.

I assume you are using the prop locks, otherwise they are not safe.

I have not seen or heard of a single case of the new system coming off, I have used it since launch and never seen or heard of issues.

I simply don't see how it could come undone unless it was never locked to start with.

I have not seen or heard of a single case of the new system coming off, I have used it since launch and never seen or heard of issues.

I simply don't see how it could come undone unless it was never locked to start with.

Well apparently it has to do with the active braking on the Inspire 1 which can cause the props to fly off if i remember correctly.
I think that is the reason they added the prop locks, which were not there in the beginning but was added later.

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the new props, i thought you were refereeing to the old ones.

Last edited:
I assume you are using the prop locks, otherwise they are not safe.

I don't use prop locks, I have aftermarket prop hubs. So far so good, I always check after landing and they are always on real tight.

It's a spring loaded lock, of course it can come undone. It has come undone for me on take off right after I tightened all of them.

I have heard several people consider the old threaded props to be the safest ones when used together with the prop locks. That is what I'm still using even though i have the 1345S Quick release props which i got for free from the dealer.

So some people consider the two newer prop systems to be unsafer than the old threaded ones, don't know which is actually true?
Would be interesting to hear real facts about how many people have had mishaps with the different prop systems?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan