Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NEW 7" 720p Remote Controller

Reaction score
Website
www.flysafe.club
Just completed a 'survey' from DJi research, seems as though they are looking to add a 7" 720p touch display to the remote to include the GO.app. So I guess an Android 7" tablet... But it will be built in. They wanted to know if I'd but one for an extra €540.00.... HAHA Shame I couldn't elaborate on my answer but it was NOT LIKELY..

Reactions: IrishSights
We need bigger displays not smaller what a joke and I am surprised they dont know this themselves.
I see your point but having tried an iPad Air on the current remote, will be sticking to my Mini 4. The new kit works well and the lower reflectance gives better view. The only other option I've looked at is the 'Shark' goggles but as my work is generally line of sight I'm not to bothered.

I got the same survey. I have no interest in the remote having a display, I prefer to be able to use a tablet of my choice that can also be used for other things.
When will the DJi peeps get the point here... stop offering dumb *** add-ons and start giving us what we want!!

ie. Laser Guided Ordnance options and Xray vision cameras!!

I have answered the survey saying that a built-in display is a big No, No for me. It is an expensive option that takes the display option away from users and will quickly become obsolete. I certainly don't want to rely on an Android application. Users should have the choice of display based on their own requirements, preferences and budget. One of the reason I choose the I1 was that I could use my existing Apple devices.

I have answered the survey saying that a built-in display is a big No, No for me. It is an expensive option that takes the display option away from users and will quickly become obsolete. I certainly don't want to rely on an Android application. Users should have the choice of display based on their own requirements, preferences and budget. One of the reason I choose the I1 was that I could use my existing Apple devices.

And one that is better than 720 (according to their survey) I'll stick to 2 Ipad Minis

They have looked over the fence and seen what Yuneec is delivering - Catch up time for DJI!

Competition is good.

Now catch up on customer service fast DJI!!

I said it in a post sometime ago regards customer service etc.

If/when competitors deliver parity with DJI AND top level customer service where do you think the money is going to go?

People are coming after DJI- fast.

I love DJI products but I would really like to see the whole package. DJI would have my business for life.

DJI must for their own sake wake up to this...................

My issues regarding DJi's commercial investment viability revolves around the simplistic approach of actually having a product that is sustainable in the field and NOT as I'm experiencing at the moment sitting in a F&*king workshop in The Netherlands earning me NOTHING!!

To be fair the conspiracy theory in me thinks DJi are working on behalf of DIY drone kits, because having experienced their 'Support' system I'm definitely looking to build my own platform over the next few months!!

[breathe deeply .....]

I worked side-by-side on a project with a guy flying a Yuneec Q500. Since I have to use my iPhone for my I1 (my boss is too cheap to buy an iPad) I was envious of the monitor in his controller. However, then I saw a sun shield for the Yuneec and it looks like it really gets in the way of operating the joysticks. We were both shooting on a bright Texas day. I had a sun sheild on my phone, he didn't have one and it caused him some problems. For the money DJI suggested, NO, I wouldn't ask my boss to get a new controller, just an iPad, it would have other uses for us too...teleprompter, electronic slate, etc.

...I can only speak for myself.. I typically use a TabPro with my Inspire, 'I' Dont Need a BIGGER DISPLAY.. i'd like to
see the mfg put some effort into a display that is VISIBLE in DayLight.. and of course make avail SPARE PARTS...
IIIDaemon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo