Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New at Thermal Imaging questions

Reaction score
I have a FLIR Vue pro presently attached to the drone on a go pro attachment and I finally was able to take it up for a flight hoping to find deer heat signatures in the swamp adn woods. This flight was mid day and from the looks of it everything was hotter than the heat signature of a deer (other than the stream). Even when I landed the pictures of me standing in grass with a plowed field in front of me... I was cold and the fresh dirt was warmer.

Anyway, There is a lot more to using thermal imaging "than meets the eye". Are there good thermal forums on line or other information or books or the like that help one get good at using the technology?

I'm hoping to upgrade to an XT at some point, so I thought I would ask here. I apologize if this is too rudimentary for this forum, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks for reading.

Phil

There are many places on the net to get information that would help you. Try searching for Thermal Imaging. I got interested in this at the beginning of the year and I went all the way with it. I am now a level 1 certified thermographer. Thermography is a very deep and interesting field.
Good Luck

Kelly

Thanks Kelly

I found a training center which looks to be tied in to FLIR and I found a couple of books. I thought it would be easier to find info on the web. It is pretty interesting for sure.

I am kind of getting in deep. The next step is the XT but I need to learn more about it first maybe :)

I saw the level 1 Certification that is awesome. I might have to do that myself.

There is more to the thermal imaging field than most know. I have been in for 10 years and still am learning

Reactions: nikhil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry