Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New cam tomorrow? DJI.com has a teaser now

Micro Four Thirds sensor.
Interchangeable lenses (limitd to DJI's MFT 15mm f1.7 ASPH lens made for the X5: the Panasonic Lumix 15mm G Leica DG Summilux f1.7 ASPH lens and Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm f2.0 and M.Zuiko 17mm f1.8 lenses)
Two models: one with on-board micro SD card, one that records CinemaDNG 10-bit raw 422 footage to an on-board 512GB SSD card. I don't think anybody saw that one coming.
Minimal impact on flight time.

Nope! I'll eat my shirt, 512 SSD did not even imagine they'd have done that! RAW!!!!

13-15 minute flight time is a bit sad though.
Given that having to land at 20%-30% is going to drop that to a lot less than that, those aren't exactly Inspiring flight times (pun deliberate).
I wonder if a TB49 battery will be their next announcement ;)

I just checked the power requirements of the x3 and x5 non RAW, and they're pretty much the same within 1 Watt, so flight times for the X5 should be about the same. That is quite impressive. But disappointed about the 60 Mbps, wish they could have done 100 Mbps at least. But 60 Mbps out of this camera should be much better!

I just checked the power requirements of the x3 and x5 non RAW, and they're pretty much the same within 1 Watt, so flight times for the X5 should be about the same. That is quite impressive. But disappointed about the 60 Mbps, wish they could have done 100 Mbps at least. But 60 Mbps out of this camera should be much better!

Yep, only 57 grams difference between the 2, that seems light for a SSD.

We now have the Zenmuse X5 available for pre-order in the UK.

But disappointed about the 60 Mbps, wish they could have done 100 Mbps at least. But 60 Mbps out of this camera should be much better!
That might be a function of the MicroSD card interface. Panasonic does 100 megabits/second on high-speed SDXC cards, but maybe MicroSD cards can't keep up.

I'm no expert on the construction of zoom lenses, but I believe they contain a fair bit more glassware, and glass is pretty heavy - especially quality glass - so it may not be an option for the Inspire unless they find a massive weight reduction, or a big improvement in battery technology, or both.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Interested in the AUD price for the stand alone X5R specs are impressive! Need to make sure the quad is insured as that's a lot of money under a quad

I for one couldn't be happier! :D

RAW recording is faaaaar beyond what I could've dreamt of!

Plus manual aperture with a follow-focus!

Don't care about zoom (will be available soon enough I suspect).

I'm a little scared to find out what the X5R will cost, but it will likely be cheaper than a Sony a7s/Gimbal combo, so no real complaints here :)

Interested in the AUD price for the stand alone X5R specs are impressive! Need to make sure the quad is insured as that's a lot of money under a quad
You'd be looking at something in the region of A$8K or more.

Definitely out of my price range. .lol...
I'm amazed that a UAS can cost that much,but what an amazing quadcopter. ..
In reference to the Aeryon Labs quadcopter. .

Last edited:
Finger hovered over the buy button several times[emoji106]! Great addition to the zenmuse family but going to take the back seat on this one and see what unfolds.. Good Job DJI[emoji6] Make me WANT IT... I want it, I want it, but don't need it yet lol..

#1 problem I see with regardless of features and specs.. $2300+ at high risk of FAILURE. Possibly an ESC, prop failure, etc.. At least with a 8 prop multi rotor you still have stability and lift with possible ESC failure.. Just a major thought thrown in there with my justification. Have no problem with cost, it's the LOGIC of payload versus insurance of possible failure[emoji20]. Allot of trust on the INSPIRE here.. Anticipation SUXS lol...

I won't spend the money on the X5, however the X5R has got my name on it. But with the X5R probably costing more than the Inspire itself you'd not only want insurance (which I have), but also a parachute. Unfortunately a parachute helps bugger-all when she goes down in the ocean or a lake, which is where we quite often fly... That's a lot of mulah to be trusting to an ESC/Motor/Prop... Especially since I've watched mine plummeting into a lake for no apparent reason...

Im running out of middle fingers. They have this kind of tech, but no hand held???? I would really like something I could use in close courters.. like for Real Estate or inside buildings. The X3 is good enough for the price point of a hand held, but this camera is useless to me.

What's not clear is whether the new anti-vibration plate comes with the camera or not. The camera description mentions that it's required but surely they would include it.
Not fussed about RAW video. Just want it for stills.

Will wait until I can see some shots straight from the camera before I place an order.

Reactions: AndrewH

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont