Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New cam tomorrow? DJI.com has a teaser now

As been mentioned anyone will to bet new TB49 on the horizon?....
Good news though!!

In fact the more I thought about new camera as I drove to a shoot this morning.

The more I thought long live the inspire1!

The workhorse lives.

Phantoms for show inspire for a pro. Lol

Psml as I drink coffee from my flask.....

As been mentioned anyone will to bet new TB49 on the horizon?....
Good news though!!
We can only hope, but there is a limit to what just better batteries can do.

If they add too much weight then eventually bigger batteries won't be enough, but this mod isn't going to be that kind of extra weight.

The X5 requires a new mounting plate, which holds the ssd and/or memory card. Can anyone tell if this is backward compatible with the X3 or does the plate need swapping for the different cameras?

I'd like to use the X3 for preview/planning shots and then X5R for the final capture. May need two Inspires....

The X5 requires a new mounting plate, which holds the ssd and/or memory card. Can anyone tell if this is backward compatible with the X3 or does the plate need swapping for the different cameras?.
What's not clear is whether the new anti-vibration plate comes with the camera or not. The camera description mentions that it's required but surely they would include it.
The listing in the DJI store answers your questions
Buy Zenmuse X5 | DJI Store
They say:
Note:
  • When using the Zenmuse X5 Series cameras, it is necessary to replace the original vibration absorbing board designed for the Inspire 1’s standard Zenmuse X3 camera with the Zenmuse X5 Vibration Absorbing Board.
And show it as another expensive accessory to buy.

The X5 requires a new mounting plate, which holds the ssd and/or memory card. Can anyone tell if this is backward compatible with the X3 or does the plate need swapping for the different cameras?

I'd like to use the X3 for preview/planning shots and then X5R for the final capture. May need two Inspires....
In one of the other threads about the X5 someone posted a cut and paste of the stats, and one of them was that the mount is backward compatible with the X3, so I'd say you're fine to own one bird and just swap cameras as needed, but that's only based on the stats that were posted.

My mistake, I just found this info on DJI site..
If you have an Inspire 1 with a ZENMUSE X3 installed, the mounting mechanism should be changed to the new one that's included with the ZENMUSE X5 series. The new mounting mechanism that's provided with ZENMUSE X5 Series are also backwards compatible with the Zenmuse X3 camera.

This says it's backward compatible, so if aviator is correct, then you should be fine.

In fact the more I thought about new camera as I drove to a shoot this morning.

The more I thought long live the inspire1!

The workhorse lives

This is what I was thinking as well. Nice to see the platform still has plenty of life ahead.

Not sure if this goes in the X5/Matrice 100 section. Please move as seen fit.

Shorter battery time with new cameras so how about....

mounting x5 on M100 Platform=circa 30 mins (give or take) flight time with two batts fitted.

Pros and cons? Buy new inspire with x5 OR M100 with x5 to mount as well as using existing inspire camera on M100 for FPV so payload operator can operate the x5.

M100 no retract landing gear

M100 longer flight time/FPV

There is obviously loads more pros/cons I have thought of but just want to bounce this amongst us and see other peoples POV.

Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44