Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New DJI inspire 2 and Auto Pilot?

Yes but there are currently some DJI-induced bugs in some flight modes after the latest FW release
Yep, currently both Autopilot and Litchi are reporting "erratic flying" due to the current firmware on p4p, mavic, and i2. But yes Autopilot does work with the i2. Just know for a little while it may not function properly.

It's a huge deal for me, and one that I feel DJI might be snaking to give their poor copy called Ground Station a leg up. The auto pilot program, for us who are more into the craft of movie making than piloting, is brilliant, though there's a steep learning curve. It lets you completely massage a flight plan, test it, tweak it, and then repeat it while you focus on the intricacies of the composition. You can move and change focus points, tweak all camera settings, etc. way more than the way point mode of the I1 and presumably of the I2. (Although where that is is anybody's guess.)
I looked at the ground station program and this was at best a very weak version of Autopilot and a total rip off. I was told that Autopilot would work with the I2 and it did briefly and am pretty pissed that DJI seems to have hobbled it with the latest firmware. Hopefully this is a temporary glitch and not a deliberate crippling of a competitive software. In the meantime do yourselves a favor and download and learn this amazing 30 dollar piece of software. This is one of the great additions to the potential of the I2. It's like having your own pilot, letting you focus on the art of the perfect cinematic shots. IMHO.

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
I would hate to think a company like DJI would deliberately sabotage any program, much less one that works as well as Autopilot. This is an industry closely watched by the FAA and every other government agency. I find it hard to believe a company like DJI would risk having there doors kicked in and their company shut down, as that is EXACTLY what would happen if there was proof that DJI intentionally sabotaged a flight control system. This is not some hacker screwing with someone's chat room. For now I will stay positive and think the best and that is there are incompatibilities between the DJI upgrade and Autopilot. AS sharp as the guys at Autopilot are, they will have it fixed very quickly. JUST FYI guys, not trying to start -----.

I would hate to think a company like DJI would deliberately sabotage any program, much less one that works as well as Autopilot. This is an industry closely watched by the FAA and every other government agency. I find it hard to believe a company like DJI would risk having there doors kicked in and their company shut down, as that is EXACTLY what would happen if there was proof that DJI intentionally sabotaged a flight control system. This is not some hacker screwing with someone's chat room. For now I will stay positive and think the best and that is there are incompatibilities between the DJI upgrade and Autopilot. AS sharp as the guys at Autopilot are, they will have it fixed very quickly. JUST FYI guys, not trying to start -----.
You know it's a Chinese company right? Offices here are just so they can do business here with less fees.

China, by the way... notorious for economic espionage, look it up.

Reactions: ajobmusee

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo