Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New DJIGO 2.6.0 and X5

Reaction score
So, there is a new app out for the iPhone. I'm concerned about improved or decreased functionality with the X5. Has anybody tested it?

What are you waiting for?..... Its got Chinese New Year Templates. What more could you want?
Ha, after the last fiasco on the osmo update, I'm not updating anything until I'm absolutely positive I know what to expect. I guess an app update shouldn't be a big risk, but DJI has surprised me with it's ability to beat expectations.

Ha, after the last fiasco on the osmo update, I'm not updating anything until I'm absolutely positive I know what to expect. I guess an app update shouldn't be a big risk, but DJI has surprised me with it's ability to beat expectations.
I think we have all learnt that DJI is capable of screwing some things up that shouldn't be able to be screwed up! :rolleyes:

Since, I have automatic updates enabled on my iPad, I decided to give it a test. It's a bit flaky for some reason, but I now see aperture control on the osmo screen for the X5. Also, I get peaking in the osmo app if I open the inspire app first.

Since, I have automatic updates enabled on my iPad, I decided to give it a test. It's a bit flaky for some reason, but I now see aperture control on the osmo screen for the X5. Also, I get peaking in the osmo app if I open the inspire app first.

Does that mean you have to turn on your Inspire then turn on your Osmo to get that feature ?
If so brilliant ....DJI at its best.

Does that mean you have to turn on your Inspire then turn on your Osmo to get that feature ?
If so brilliant ....DJI at its best.
The X5 still isn't officially supported, so those of us who bought into the X5 in the hope that it would give us a new tool for making money on corporate and narrative shoots are stuck trying to find work arounds and determine whether the hassle is worth it. Right now, I'm of the opinion that the X5 on the Osmo is worth it. If DJI would just fix the white balance and high ISO flickering issues, I would be relieved.

Hey Casey, I don't know about the x5 but what about it makes it good for corporate and narrative that the Osmo alone can't do? Honest question.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I work primarily with larger sensor cameras. The X3 with it's single focal length, limited DR, set focus, and oversharpened look does not match well. My hope was to use my better cameras for interviews and locked off shots and then be able to quickly pick up the Osmo to get some actions shots and movement for b-roll. Almost all of my work is extremely time limited so being able to quickly grab the Osmo rather than set up a Ronin can be the difference in whether I am able to get movement in my b-roll for a project. The X3 still has it's uses and I've already used it in a few projects, but I can already tell that the X5 has much more potential.

Reactions: gruvpix
I tried the iOS 2.6.0 with my x5 and osmo handle now every time you try and adjust camera settings the app crashes
I was worried about that. I had the same problem on ipad, but it went away when I rebooted the gimbal and the app.

It appears to be primarily an issue when the camera is set to auto.

Also, there is a new feature in the audio menu. "mute fan". It doesn't currently do anything.

Last edited:
Has DJI improved (or even removed) the "banding" issue that people are reporting with the X5 -- the hope is that an upgrade to something (be it X5 firmware or the Go app) might fix it. On second thoughts, I suspect it would have to be the X5 firmware...

Andy

Reactions: DroneMen
Most of the actual image fixes are going to have to come through an X5 firmware upgrade. The app does seem to control some image qualities through the sharpness and other image controls, but I don't think it has direct control of the encoder.

Ok i spent the day testing my Osmo and X5 and finally got my M settings f1.7 1/50 iso200 24fps and very stable. But i tried messing with the aperture and the app kept crashing so im keeping it that way for now. And a lil trick that worked for me is go in the app and reset the camera in the app and adjust the settings right away.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool