Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware to X5 released Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.2.0.50 2015-12-09

I agree InterMurph, but I'd like to clarify a bit from my experience. The difference between the firmware they released yesterday for the I1 Pro and today is that today it includes the aircraft firmware. For those of us without an X3 camera, that's a tremendous difference.

I have had the "Aircraft requires upgrade" and "Battery requires upgrade" for several days now. I was told by support to ignore it. Problem was they told the Go App to look for firmware that wasn't available yet. Eventually they'll grow up and figure out that they need to follow proper software release strategies and not lean on their customer base to interpret and tolerate this amateur behavior.

I agree InterMurph, but I'd like to clarify a bit from my experience. The difference between the firmware they released yesterday for the I1 Pro and today is that today it includes the aircraft firmware. For those of us without an X3 camera, that's a tremendous difference.
How did you reach this conclusion? It would be nice if it were true, but I can't be sure of it.

At any rate, they should never have separate updates for Pro and non-Pro. And they should never have two different version-number families; i.e., one update named after the aircraft firmware version, and another named after the camera firmware version. And they should never ever ever release two firmware updates with the same name and version, but with different code.

I am totally confused about all of this. I want to stay current. I have the Inspire 1 with the X5.

Checking my APP here are the readouts for my system:

APP: 2.4.2 (IOS)

Aircraft: 1.4.00.10+

RC: 1.5.70

Camera: 1.1.0.40

I am getting a message on my GO APP that the camera / battery / aircraft require upgrade.

Should I go the the DJI site, download this latest firmware and upgrade my system?

I'm seeing another thread on this forum that says don't upgrade. I have always upgraded as newer firmware comes out and have not had any issues.

I'm just confused about all of this with the Pro/ Non Pro. Again, I have the Inspire with the X5.

Thanks!

How did you reach this conclusion? It would be nice if it were true, but I can't be sure of it.

I read posts yesterday where people began to complain about the "update required" messages in the GO app. I was already receiving those messages because I had updated my firmware last Wednesday to 1.4. Folks that installed yesterdays fiasco version were upgrading from 1.3. I'm hearing this morning that today's "fixed" version does in fact include the 1.5 aircraft firmware.

I'm away from my bird currently, but I will be attempting the 12/10/15 firmware update on my Pro this evening. From what I've read, it should update the aircraft and camera firmware.

I am totally confused about all of this. I want to stay current. I have the Inspire 1 with the X5.

Checking my APP here are the readouts for my system:

APP: 2.4.2 (IOS)

Aircraft: 1.4.00.10+

RC: 1.5.70

Camera: 1.1.0.40

I am getting a message on my GO APP that the camera / battery / aircraft require upgrade.

Should I go the the DJI site, download this latest firmware and upgrade my system?

I'm seeing another thread on this forum that says don't upgrade. I have always upgraded as newer firmware comes out and have not had any issues.

I'm just confused about all of this with the Pro/ Non Pro. Again, I have the Inspire with the X5.

Thanks!
Hello there,
My name is Ralph and I am an authorized dealer for DJI and I was on the phone as well as email several times yesterday with my rep at DJI. The appropriate firmware for the Inspire Pro, is listed on the DJI x5 download page 1.2.0.50. It has a release date of 12/10/15 This will get rid of the upgrade needed. Be sure to report all devices after reboot then check status. If you need anything just give me a shout.

Ralph

Hello there,
My name is Ralph and I am an authorized dealer for DJI and I was on the phone as well as email several times yesterday with my rep at DJI. The appropriate firmware for the Inspire Pro, is listed on the DJI x5 download page 1.2.0.50. This will get rid of the upgrade needed. Be sure to report all devices after reboot then check status. If you need anything just give me a shout.

Ralph

Thanks...not to go off topic, but if you are in touch with a DJI person, could you inquire and see if there is an official procedure or step by step process to properly calibrate our X5 lenses...there really is nothing in the manual. There are a lot of folks out there with advice, but to my knowledge, no real good description from DJI for this. I am really pleased with my X5...I just want to be totally confident that I am doing the lens calibration properly...again, sorry for going off topic. Upgrading firmware now.

Reactions: dronie
No worries,

I'm glad to help,
I understand your frustration as I have been through the exact same process. Aaaaah!!! Right!
I think the biggest problem with the calibration procedure is you do not get a confirmation of calibration after performing the procedure. Here is the proper way to calibrate your DJI X5 multirotor.
1- Go to a spot where you can be at least 50 meters away from the desired target for calibration
2- Turn on your bird as for normal flying
3- place the bird on a surface that has a clear view of the target(grass, tree ) etc...
4- Press menu in the app located above camera shutter button.
5- Click on the tool symbol, scroll to bottom and press calibration now press calibrate now.
6- tap the target area on your app screen that has high contrast and is at least 50 meters away.
7- Here is where I think we need an additional step such as result of calibration, but it doesn't come up. Here is what to do. After completing these steps, snap a couple pics and remove your card put it into a computer to verify your image is spot on. If image is clear then calibration was successful. I know this is a pain in the but if you want a truly calibrated lens then this is the way to do it.
8 I have addressed this with DJI and I hope there will be an upgrade to the calibration procedure.
9. Also I am hopeful they will release a video soon regarding the calibration procedure. Should have been done upon release but I'm happy to have the bird and camera and will stay tuned as all of you do as well. I am working on a video regarding the calibration as we speak just to help everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,

Ralph
FlyHighUSA

No worries,

I'm glad to help,
I understand your frustration as I have been through the exact same process. Aaaaah!!! Right!
I think the biggest problem with the calibration procedure is you do not get a confirmation of calibration after performing the procedure. Here is the proper way to calibrate your DJI X5 multirotor.
1- Go to a spot where you can be at least 50 meters away from the desired target for calibration
2- Turn on your bird as for normal flying
3- place the bird on a surface that has a clear view of the target(grass, tree ) etc...
4- Press menu in the app located above camera shutter button.
5- Click on the tool symbol, scroll to bottom and press calibration now press calibrate now.
6- tap the target area on your app screen that has high contrast and is at least 50 meters away.
7- Here is where I think we need an additional step such as result of calibration, but it doesn't come up. Here is what to do. After completing these steps, snap a couple pics and remove your card put it into a computer to verify your image is spot on. If image is clear then calibration was successful. I know this is a pain in the but if you want a truly calibrated lens then this is the way to do it.
8 I have addressed this with DJI and I hope there will be an upgrade to the calibration procedure.
9. Also I am hopeful they will release a video soon regarding the calibration procedure. Should have been done upon release but I'm happy to have the bird and camera and will stay tuned as all of you do as well. I am working on a video regarding the calibration as we speak just to help everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

Respectfully,

Ralph
FlyHighUSA
Thanks...would love to see the video...very much appreciated.

How can we confirm battery firmware version? Before the log on the sad had separate entires, now I only see the same repeated. The reason for the question is I have one fewer entries than batteries. My guess is the primary update does both with only one entry? Anyone else confirm the same?

I updated my aircraft and all batteries with the firmware with today's date listed...everything works fine. Thanks for all the help.

I updated my aircraft and all batteries with the firmware with today's date listed...everything works fine. Thanks for all the help.
Most welcome. I enjoyed speaking with you today. I look forward to working with you and building a great professional relationship. Thanks for the info you sent. Will send back info to you very soon.

Ralph

Add me as one who wasted way too much time trying to update using the inspire-1 download. Finally, tonight with the much appreciated tips about using the 10th of December version from the inspire-1 pro download page, I have everything updated, including 6 batteries. Hopefully, tomorrow there will be good flying weather.

Test flight today on dull overcast morning.

Flys well.

Camera another matter!! After inserting battery f stop comes back at f16. Minor problem to adjust however it is not a good confidence booster!!

The footage looks gash on my 5k imac. Cant really do anything with it in post. iso 100,d-log,stock lens,f5.6 or there abouts conditions dependent.

Any one updated and getting good footage like to share settings etc? Hopefully its user input my end but really not impressed to say the least.

This firmware update nonsense with massive fluctation in results is really starting to wear thin!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell