Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware update v1.10.1.40. 2 for Inspire 1

Reaction score
Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.10.1.40. 2.
DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.1. 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.1.

What’s New:
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Notes:
 Aircraft version v1.10.1.40 and camera version v1.10.1.40 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.  The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.9.1.30 or later.

Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

thanks for the update about the update.
Motor stopping time of 3 seconds in flight, do they mean after a CSC?
I just hope that when that moment comes I remember to keep the sticks in CSC for 3 seconds

In 3 seconds a lot can happen. I don't like this. If I need to shut down instantly in an emergency, what then?
And all that because some morons stirred their sticks like they were mixing two martinis at the same time, while flying beyond LOS and got a video drop out?

Caution - showing as a zip file for download on the DJI site (as usual) but when downloaded the file is designated as a .bin file.

I'm thinking it's the .bin file as it's about the right size but don't want to risk trying an update until I'm sure. Has anybody tried it yet?

Yes its a .bin file just tried to download it...
Propably they changed their download method...

Yes thats one thing holding me off updating.....
This is not just an update, it will force commercial UAS operators to change their emergency procedures in the OM. I'm not sure if I want to explain how to cope with 3 seconds of emergency shutdown delay in my OM. This is totally ridiculous. So we have to find a way to mitigate the risk that something bad happens in those 3 seconds? Always be at least 4 seconds (at full speed at downwind) away from anything? That's at least around 150 meters.

i think that they should give us some more info about that...

Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.10.1.40. 2.
DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.1. 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.1.

What’s New:
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Notes:
 Aircraft version v1.10.1.40 and camera version v1.10.1.40 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.  The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.9.1.30 or later.

Yes, its a bin file and I can't get the machine to accept it and update. Any suggestions?

download it again?!?!
copy/paste the file after extracted not drag and drop....

Mine worked first time. I just need to take it out for a test flight. Hopefully the weather is good over the next few days. I will let you know how it works out.

Answer on DJI forum:

Donnie this means the CSC takes longer to kill (stop) the motors. Some tried this during beta testing.... but I did not.

This new change will help eliminate the accidental CSC in flight... it takes longer to take affect now.

Rich

Well,,,,,,,,,,this does it. I just couldn't believe they would be that stupid.
Thanks to the bunch of martini mixers.

Answer on DJI forum:

Donnie this means the CSC takes longer to kill (stop) the motors. Some tried this during beta testing.... but I did not.

This new change will help eliminate the accidental CSC in flight... it takes longer to take affect now.

Rich

Well,,,,,,,,,,this does it. I just couldn't believe they would be that stupid.
Thanks to the bunch of martini mixers.

bartender on paper alright but thank god i am still on 1.4 (devils grin)...
fast CSC - also thank god to never had to use it-
wonder what the I2 hold up for us...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lake_flyer
So, after reading a lot of posts, and watching video's from people who suddenly lost their Inspire because they accidentally performed a CSC, while they had no frakkin idea what the hell they were doing, probably stirring like madmen because the FPV video went green or black,........
.....we will now see posts from wedding photographers, beheading the bride and broom, because of the usual 'it had a mind of it's own', but now with 'it just wouldn't shut down'.

Longest sentence ever ;)

Just to emphasise on how long 3 seconds actually is.

Reactions: Chathigh
So, after reading a lot of posts, and watching video's from people who suddenly lost their Inspire because they accidentally performed a CSC, while they had no frakkin idea what the hell they were doing, probably stirring like madmen because the FPV video went green or black,........
.....we will now see posts from wedding photographers, beheading the bride and broom, because of the usual 'it had a mind of it's own', but now with 'it just wouldn't shut down'.

Longest sentence ever ;)

try to be more positive... LOL :)
probably they reduced the speed of that fly down to a max of 10m/s now... claiming flying not so fast is safer and you should do fast tracks with some back wind or mod some rockets on which void the warranty...

sorry for being so sarcastic but this is getting of hand kind of... people who "know" what they are doing should be allowed to buy this unit and not any idiot falling into the shop wanting to buy one for his son to play with... this category is semi pro and not a toy!!! come on DJI...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I downloaded this bin file, loaded into the Inspire and seemed to do nothing. I then reopened DJI Go and got no more "need update" WTF. Waste of time. I have no Idea if anything actually happened. I checked ref on the app and it shows camera update but aircraft update is the same. Crystal blue sky's in Washington and deciding if I am a go to fly. We shall see!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin