Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

I'm confused..............so this upgrade is only for the IOS guys. Nothing for Android?? Just want to make sure before a ruin a perfectly operating Inspire 1 with a Nvidia Shield Tablet as my monitor. Please advise.

Currently I only have android. I'm on the fence about updated firmware without getting the GO App. Any thoughts?

I'm with you on that. I just figured out that it's only for the IOS guys. I'm going to wait until we Android users get the App to go with the firmware. I wonder how long it's going to take?

I just downloaded the firmware and updated my Inspire...no problems...got a text readout that said "succesfull."

I am having issue upgrading the RC.

I am using an IPad Air and updated the DJI Pilot App which now is a DJI GO APP.

Reading the firmare update instructions for the RC...it says to do this upgrade throught the APP.

When I fire everything up:

The APP does indicate that the RC firmware needs to be upgraded on the initial overall status screen...but then I get a message that says, "The RC soesn't support upgrading firmware through the APP, please upgrade with a USB Disk."

So I connect the USB disk with the firmware upgrade at the root level (as I have always updated the RC in the past) to the RC...and nothing happens.

I know the cable and USB reader /card are good...they read on my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Reactions: Ray787
I just downloaded the firmware and updated my Inspire...no problems...got a text readout that said "succesfull."

I am having issue upgrading the RC.

I am using an IPad Air and updated the DJI Pilot App which now is a DJI GO APP.

Reading the firmare update instructions for the RC...it says to do this upgrade throught the APP.

When I fire everything up:

The APP does indicate that the RC firmware needs to be upgraded on the initial overall status screen...but then I get a message that says, "The RC soesn't support upgrading firmware through the APP, please upgrade with a USB Disk."

So I connect the USB disk with the firmware upgrade at the root level (as I have always updated the RC in the past) to the RC...and nothing happens.

I know the cable and USB reader /card are good...they read on my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
mine did this too, then i switched to a different usb drive and it worked fine, have you used that same usb drive to update before?

Updating... noticed that the LED's light up on each motor for the ESC upgrade, and then the da da da dat! after each one.(4). Also, the camera goes limp and just kinda bobbles around a little bit (never seen that before in a FW update).... she's just finishing up.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Updating... noticed that the LED's light up on each motor for the ESC upgrade, and then the da da da dat! after each one.(4). Also, the camera goes limp and just kinda bobbles around a little bit (never seen that before in a FW update).... she's just finishing up.

I posted this earlier in the thread, also got a reply as to why it happened. Cheers.

Just got back from flying and discharging my 6 batteries, all good no problems to report. My battery warning levels are set to 40% and 20%. At 20% it wants to land, somewhat heavily if you let it, at 10% or less it requires greater input on the sticks to control her.

I like the fact that the volts flashes yellow to red to warn you, DJI should do the same with the battery% as well, this red on black background figure was harder to see. IMO.

I turned down and adjusted the expos and gains to make the I1 smoother. Do you own settings a bit at a time. There is no right or wrong answer here, everyone could be different.

The iOS app seemed to work, no dropouts or interference in spite of both the iPad's and iPhone wifi and G4 data on.

I'm interested to find out of it jumps right into a calibration before you lock it in.

I had the same problem on my last firmware update. Wound up connecting the RC to the plane.

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
The release notes mention toggling the Flight Mode Switch to enter the IOC during the battery recal? I'm uninformed. Can someone elaborate?

I had the same problem on my last firmware update. Wound up connecting the RC to the plane.

Did you connect the RC to the small port on the Inspire...at the back of the camrea? And then turn on the RC?

I connected the Inspire to the RC...using the small port on the back of the camera....and now it is updating...what a bunch of hooey!

Thanks

Yeah for some reason the USB update doesn't seem to work on my RC. I have tried 3 different USB drives. Have no problems updating through the camera

I tried a different drive...no success. I have used these before to update...can't figure out what the deal is?

Thanks
I reformat the SD card and thumb drive (Fat32) before I put the new firmware on the drone or controller. The controller I had to make sure the thumb drive was flashing ( took a couple of times) but it finally worked.

Reactions: PB30X
Can anyone elaborate on the changes to transportation mode? My interpretation of the release notes is that you can attached the gimbal to the aircraft without powering down beforehand. Is that correct?

Yes as I understand it, but I didn't.

I reformat the SD card and thumb drive (Fat32) before I put the new firmware on the drone or controller. The controller I had to make sure the thumb drive was flashing ( took a couple of times) but it finally worked.

Rule of Thumb for me[emoji6]! When I remove the card from the gimbal I always copy and paste all media and hidden files to a specific folder. I then reinsert the card back in the gimbal and always reformat SD card via AC. I then reinstall the firmware VIA PC only. The reason I do this is NOT liking the Windows format FAT32/ExFat etc... The only file after gimbal format is the DCIM empty folder. This is the exact space (ROOT) for the firmware.. Always carry a spare formatted card with firmware, just in case..

I'm interested to find out of it jumps right into a calibration before you lock it in.

Which calibration? The compass needs calibrating after every update, the app tells you now if you need to do an IMU calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74