Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Hey, all. So I'm trying to update and nothing happens. I deleted the old firmware folder on the SD card extracted the new Firmware onto the root of the SD card. Turned off the RC, plugged the SD card in the camera, turned on the aircraft.... and nothing... nothing happens, I waited a while and still nothing. I got another formatted SD card did the same and also nothing. Any ideas??

Also, anyone know how much extra battery time we got :D?
You have your RC off right? I know it's silly but figured I'd ask.. Battery over 50%?

And I've only calibrated my batteries so far, so next flight I'll find out if we get better battery life

You have your RC off right? I know it's silly but figured I'd ask.. Battery over 50%?

And I've only calibrated my batteries so far, so next flight I'll find out if we get better battery life
RC is off and battery is full. Safe flyin

Just make sure you have multiple flight modes selected in the app, otherwise you can't switch to atti mode.

Reactions: Queen1944
all done no issues with any steps. 5 batteries done too.

Note: the upgrade notes are misleading. You need a USB FAT32 drive to update the firmware on the remote. This cannot be done via the DJI GO app yet.

all done no issues with any steps. 5 batteries done too.

Note: the upgrade notes are misleading. You need a USB FAT32 drive to update the firmware on the remote. This cannot be done via the DJI GO app yet.

It's not really misleading, it says that from 1.3 (1.2 GO) the radio will be updated via the app, the radio doesn't have the 1.3 fw so you can't do that...like you said yet, next update it will *probably* work

As many pilots know already, All the forums are on fire today about DJI';s New DJI GO App and all firmware updates across the board for most of their products. Go to DJI's Site and support page and be sure you read about all that has been updated. Many folks are misunderstanding the new methods to updating. Always read the release notes for your Craft. How to upgrade firmware also has been revised. I am hoping that by next week, the Android version of DJI GO will also be released. I have had no issues so far with the latest release of both firmware or latest app DJI GO..

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Ok, so don't extract the folder to the SD card, extract the .bin file only

But now I have an issue where the gimbal starts jittering for a long time, I do not hear the D D D D... the gimbal looks like its spazzing and its heating up. ???

So I did all the updates without a hitch. I went to go fly tonight and the camera is making an almost grinding noise constantly now while before it used to be quiet. I know it is the camera as I detached t and the Craft was quiet. Anyone else?

Once again DJI never surprises me.... No waypoints not even Home Lock, Thanks for the bone DJI.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 56
So I did all the updates without a hitch. I went to go fly tonight and the camera is making an almost grinding noise constantly now while before it used to be quiet. I know it is the camera as I detached t and the Craft was quiet. Anyone else?

Tried a gimbal re-calibration?

Gigs you are the man.... That did it simple gimble recalibration all is fine now.

I am disappointed that the SDK pack was not installed. Talked with tech today and the confirmed it was not put on yet the release notes say it was? I am beta testing Autopilot so I am thinking I might downgrade. Anyone know how to do that?

Reactions: Gigs
Looking for some help,
Updated A/C with new firmware with no issues , Used the SD Card and updated first remote ( Beeping for a few minutes ) which worked with no issues however the second remote just kept beeping for 20 minutes . I turned off the remote and re did the process with just more continuous beeping , Tried a third time and nothing happens , I can still connect to the AC and everything works fine.

Is there a way to tell if the RC update was successful ? Not sure where to proceed from here

Looking for some help,
Updated A/C with new firmware with no issues , Used the SD Card and updated first remote ( Beeping for a few minutes ) which worked with no issues however the second remote just kept beeping for 20 minutes . I turned off the remote and re did the process with just more continuous beeping , Tried a third time and nothing happens , I can still connect to the AC and everything works fine.

Is there a way to tell if the RC update was successful ? Not sure where to proceed from here

you should have 2 txt files created on your USB stick / SD Card after updating the remote. Have a look at them. They should say "success"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74