Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware.... V01.0.0240. who's first...?

Reaction score
Silly little island off west coast of Europe
So new, firmware today, lots of updated stuff (release notes -> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170302/Inspire+2+Release+Notes_EN.pdf ), updated Assistant 2...

Who's first?

On your marks, get set.....

GO!!!

(ps.... little note on bottom of release notes... you can't revert/downgrade once you've upgraded....)
(pps.. date typo at top of release notes, they seem to be about a year behind o_O:confused::confused::p:D:D)

There are some unexpected release notes:
? ISO value will be locked to 500 when shooting D-Log
? Disabled taking off with only one battery
? Adjusted limited fligh range in and around airport
Can anyone confirm what are practical consequences of these!?

Reactions: DrMrdalj
Bit of a weird one this one...?! Presumably to ensure it gets the best linear response...? :p:eek:

They read the release notes and they saw that DJI has spoken: TWO is the number, and the number is Two. Not One, One is bad, Two was the number and Two was good. :D
It has two batteries for a reason - redundancy. It was designed with two in mind, so two it will be!

- adjusted limited fligh range in and around airport
Guess they've tidied up something to do with the restricted zones around airfields. Height or distance, it doesn't say. Guess it'll only affect you if you live or fly in such areas.

There are some unexpected release notes:
? Adjusted limited fligh range in and around airport
Can anyone confirm what are practical consequences of these!?
Ummmm

If you only have one battery installed you will not be able to take off
If you shoot in D-Log ISO will be locked at 500 (presumably to control noise)
If you are near an airport you won't be able to fly very far (more than 500m although needs confirming)

I'm not sure what isn't clear? Am I missing something? :confused:

Reactions: NickU
Woah... no need to buy a second remote now!

"Enabled sticks control of the gimbal inside the app. Users can also control the gimbal’s orientation via
the remote controller. When the sticks are in use, the gimbal will automatically change into free mode.
At that time, use the right stick (Mode 2) to control gimbal yaw while the left stick controls gimbal
pitch. Scroll the left dial to control the flight speed of the aircraft."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Woah... no need to buy a second remote now!

"Enabled sticks control of the gimbal inside the app. Users can also control the gimbal’s orientation via
the remote controller. When the sticks are in use, the gimbal will automatically change into free mode.
At that time, use the right stick (Mode 2) to control gimbal yaw while the left stick controls gimbal
pitch. Scroll the left dial to control the flight speed of the aircraft."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

That might not refer to a 2nd RC.... the original I2 manual stated you could control the gimbal in that manner when using tap-fly, only snag... you couldn't :confused: - so maybe that's what it's refering to.

The firmware update today fixed my X4s startup gimbal shake[emoji16][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: NickU
That might not refer to a 2nd RC.... the original I2 manual stated you could control the gimbal in that manner when using tap-fly, only snag... you couldn't :confused: - so maybe that's what it's refering to.
I can confirm this is what was added

Reactions: Lagdancer420
Admittedly the ISO update with DLog is odd. Even though I always try to stay 400 or less it should be something left up to choice for pilots. Hopefully there is more of a reason for a 500 lock than just noise control. But seriously a nice update, thanks DJI.

Can anyone confirm a fix on these two items?

1. Do the EV numbers go up and down accordingly when in Manual camera mode? -2.0 through +2.0, these numbers don't change at all when adjusting shutter or aperture in M mode only.

2. On the slave/gimbal remote when dual operating, the gimbal op's camera settings don't light up in blue on the current setting. Extremely annoying bug.

Hope they fixed those two items!

Will this firmware slow the I2 down to 40mph, or is that in the next update?
Are guys having problems and need to update, or are guys going to update just for fun, only to find out their I2 has been hobbled? ??
I hope are more cautious after the MANY I1 firmware hobbling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1