Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

There is absolutely no way that I am going to update my firmware considering all the shenanigans that follow each and every update that DJI publish.

I'm going to wait a good 2 weeks at least

Can any early adopters kindly report on the noise issue on the X5 after updating FW to v1.8?

That is usually the case. The aircraft sub-systems will be many the same but any changes to the cameras/gimbals can only be done with the specific camera attached.

Yea it's quite a process with multiple cams and packs. It's a shame it's not one unified FW for all the cameras as having to download both and swap over its a bit messy.

it appears on the P4 it stores the FW onboard once updated so when doing multiple packs it just updates it's self when turned on with something with older versions.

May be the next inspire will follow suit.

Reactions: Scotflieger
They would be too scared. Imagine a bricked X5R :eek:

There is one on RCG that's refusing to update but not sure if it's the FW or his.

But yea I'd be more than reluctant considering reviews are great, can only go one way from here

TBH I'm back on v1.5 with the inspire as am still not happy over the reduced propulsion output "feature"

Tests this but not sure I can bring my self to live with it.

Also a little intrigued at the security update to all the LB systems today, not something that's done for no reason that, hmmm

There is one on RCG that's refusing to update but not sure if it's the FW or his.

But yea I'd be more than reluctant considering reviews are great, can only go one way from here

TBH I'm back on v1.5 with the inspire as am still not happy over the reduced propulsion output "feature"

Tests this but not sure I can bring my self to live with it.

Also a little intrigued at the security update to all the LB systems today, not something that's done for no reason that, hmmm
Yup, I have no technical information unfortunately on exactly what encryption has been implemented/changed.
No doubt we will get the usual complaints of reduced range and video breakup post update.
What I would say is, 2.4ghz FHSS technology is very mature and proven to be extremely robust so I can only assume DJI has only changed the way the video is sliced, diced and muxed into the data stream. I doubt very much they are going to let me or anybody know the details of this since it is a proprietary encryption.

Yup, I have no technical information unfortunately on exactly what encryption has been implemented/changed.
No doubt we will get the usual complaints of reduced range and video breakup post update.
What I would say is, 2.4ghz FHSS technology is very mature and proven to be extremely robust so I can only assume DJI has only changed the way the video is sliced, diced and muxed into the data stream. I doubt very much they are going to let me or anybody know the details of this since it is a proprietary encryption.

It's been stated its control link/telem only changed , as that's FHSS I'm really not sure what reason they would have had to mess with it, I'm not sure on how Lb is tunnelled up, all the information I have see is control is FHSS with video being fixed capable of changing changing channel as needed.

Would love to get more detail but as you say they are never going to let that out.

2 reports of Raw not updating so it looks like a packaging issues of the FW at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc