Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Yup, I have no technical information unfortunately on exactly what encryption has been implemented/changed.
No doubt we will get the usual complaints of reduced range and video breakup post update.
What I would say is, 2.4ghz FHSS technology is very mature and proven to be extremely robust so I can only assume DJI has only changed the way the video is sliced, diced and muxed into the data stream. I doubt very much they are going to let me or anybody know the details of this since it is a proprietary encryption.

Are we sure the video downlink is encrypted? I can see that it might be, but the more important comm to be encrypted is the control signals. There would be a lot more processing overhead for video encryption versus control signals.

Brian

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I've got the "Lost Signal/No Signal" coming from the remote, but it is clearly connected because I have the video feed and all the telemetry. I just have no control over the camera or anything. Any idea when the new update will be posted? I've got a flight Saturday morning for a film -- kind of need to have this thing operational.

One thing to note as DJI has implemented this FW update across the board with all it's birds.That sounds to me like a serious update!
It could include new NFZ's for the update as well as new Geo Fencing. And that in itself sounds suspicious with new encrypted data transmission.
Let's see if the 32 channel mod works after this update.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I've got the "Lost Signal/No Signal" coming from the remote, but it is clearly connected because I have the video feed and all the telemetry. I just have no control over the camera or anything. Any idea when the new update will be posted? I've got a flight Saturday morning for a film -- kind of need to have this thing operational.

Did you update both the craft and the controller ?

If so delete the go app, reboot the device then reinstall the go app,

ALSO: X5R FW now sorted DJI uploaded the X5 FW to the servers and people we're downloading that from the X5R downloads page hens it would not update.

Correct file on server now

Correct X5R FW is WM610_FC550R_FW_Vxxxxxxxxx

Note the R after FC550.

Had a round of 4 flights yesterday, with the new Pro firmware 1.8.1.00.
All flights done in single operator mode, using iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.3.1
The update process for aircraft, both RC's and batteries was fast, smooth, also the aircraft behaved perfect during test flights.

However, I encountered these problems, maybe someone else can confirm if this is a firmware related problem or just an isolated issue.
After my first flight, while I was checking photos & settings on the ground on DJI GO app, the video signal was suddenly disconnected, black screen.
The only way to make it work again was to restart aircraft and DJI GO app.
Also yesterday I was not able to calibrate the lens, on the ground or on the air, tried both versions.
At first, pressing the calibrate button showed no result, no action, after restarting the aircraft & app I managed to get the info pop-up for how to calibrate the lens (selecting a distant contrast object etc.) but when I pressed 'ok' to begin the calibration process nothing happened, not confirmation for succesful calibration, like it did before. I tried to repeat the test with different selected objects, all of them at the reccomended distance, no success.
I will have another round of tests today, checked my photos & videos (all made in DJI LOG) and they were not as sharp as they used to be, mostly because of the failed calibration process.
If someone else can confirm these issues , would be great, I will also share my feedback after another round of tests today.

All this talking but no one reporting if its any good? You guys fly or just let it sit in your room like a trophy? :D My main concern is the X5 noise issue at low iso. i'm still on 1.6 cuz i am using my X5 with the Osmo and i dont want to mess that up... Anyone can confirm the noise level is back to normal?

Good luck Ladies and Gents, I'm sending this link to the new owner of my I1, I really hope DJI have got there finger out. Cheers Mark

I just did 3 Pro's and noticed that at the end of the aircraft/battery update the green light on the camera is very dim. With previous updates it was bright steady green. Checked the SD card after and the txt file said the update was successful. At first I wasn't sure if the update was complete or not. Anyone else seen this? Thanks

Why is it only for Pro Version?? For me it shows in Inspire 1 Downloads.

After upgrading the aircraft i wanted to upgrade the remote controller. But there seems to be no new App for Ipad. And it doesnt let me upgrade anything there and still shows the old firmware.

Why is it only for Pro Version?? For me it shows in Inspire 1 Downloads.

After upgrading the aircraft i wanted to upgrade the remote controller. But there seems to be no new App for Ipad. And it doesnt let me upgrade anything there and still shows the old firmware.
There are separate copies of 1.8.1.00 for Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro. You need to select the appropriate one for you. You need GO app 2.7.2 connected to your RC and to the internet for it to detect the need to update the RC to 1.5.80. WARNING - Ensure you update the aircraft BEFORE the RC. Otherwise, you will not be able to connect the RC to the aircraft.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Archer
Hi,i have first updated the aircraft. But now the controller shows no availabele update. It shows for me App version 2.7.1 which i already had before and RC Version 1.5.80.
Then you already have the latest RC firmware version. You will therefore not see a prompt to update further. (I got the version wrong).

Reactions: John Archer
It seems that i now exactly have what they say i shouldnt do. The RC Controller had however the newest firmware and was updatet before the aircraft.

Has anybody an idea how to fix this problem?

Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

b17fd31e0f1404586ce2dcd806efa777.jpg

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

Reactions: The Editor
Guys if you update the controller but can't update the craft for some reason you can downgrade the RC back to V1.580 as follows

Connect the controller to the Tablet and turn on

On the DJI Go home screen press and hold the Academy (little hat) icon in the top RH corner, you will need to hold this for at least 10 seconds and when you release you should get the below screen

b17fd31e0f1404586ce2dcd806efa777.jpg

This will allow you to select the last FW version and downgrade the controller allowing you to reconnect.

See....It works now! :p

Oh look... the weather report says FW is cloudy with ill winds blowing... :eek:
Guess I'll keep my birds inside and unplugged till the storm blows over... ;)
I'll check back in a week and see if things are better... :rolleyes:

In other news... NOAA says cold and windy... wasn't worth flying anyway... :p

Last edited:
Reactions: John Crooks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop