Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Hi, First post but did the aircraft along with three batteries and no problem. Started the controller and got the "lost signal" graphic and no update notice. Removed the app, reinstalled and within a few seconds of restarting the app the update was available, installed and all is well. I wonder if Microsoft did the firm and software for this thing what with the endless stream of updates. :)
Hi Jerry, welcome to the Forum. You will find lots of useful knowledge posted and plenty of experience to draw on.

Updated AC, then 5 batt and after that the RC: no problems. Testflight was ok (total 50 mins) although on 1 occ landing gear went down spontaneously when hovering at approx. 50 mtrs high. Since my last flight was about 200km's away I did a compass calibration out in the open field, 150 mtrs away from my car (no cell phone, no wiring etc.). Readings ~1350 and ~ 1500. Couldn't get better numbers after several attempts. Didn't experience this before, not sure it has todo with the new upgrade...... Had fun and the weather was nice today!

Release Notes
  1. Firmware upgraded to v1.8.1.00
  2. DJI GO Android upgraded to v2.7.2
Major Updates

1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission. Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.
  2. Fixed the issue of batteries over-discharging when stored for extended periods of time (over 90 days).
  3. Fixed the issue of landing gears lowering in midair on rare occasions.
  4. Improved stability for camera.
  5. Optimized gimbal parameters.
Guess it didn't fix or created this issue for you instead.. :p

Update went as smooth as silk, AC with 4 x batteries, then turned everything off. Powered on controller and than updated perfect. I have the following:-
App 2.7.1. On iOS
Aircraft 1.8.01.00
RC 1.6.0
Camera 1.8.01.00

If this is all correct if someone can please confirm, I will do a full imu and controller calibration before flying. I will also do a compass calibration before flight for good measure.

Last edited:
Did the update and 3 batts, then RC. Don't forget to power-cycle RC after updating.
I1-X3, everything seems to work inside hangar. Tomorrow will do the real test!

In general, plan and mind your steps before starting the process, Don't rush into it and everything will be fine, hopefully.

Update went as smooth as silk, AC with 4 x batteries, then turned everything off. Powered on controller and than updated perfect. I have the following:-
App 2.7.1. On iOS
Aircraft 1.8.01.00
RC 1.6.0
Camera 1.8.01.00

If this is all correct if someone can please confirm, I will do a full imu and controller calibration before flying. I will also do a compass calibration before flight for good measure.

I did the update (I1, 4 batteries and RC) and obtained the the same list. Calibrated IMU, did a compass calibration and all went well.

How far did you fly out? Is the range still good 500m to 1km + with no drop out?
Flew LOS to over 600m with no issues, I do not go further as I need to keep in visual range (old eyes :)) but so far no disconnections or latency. I fly in a low population coastal area in Australia, so background interference is pretty low.

Has any X5 owners done this FW upgrade and tested the noise issue from the X5? Or are we all waiting for each other to take the jump? :D

I can confirm that upgrading the X5 went well with no issues.

Nas,
What is your experience with the noise issue on the X5 after the FW upgrade? The previous FW introduced unusable noise in the shadows even in fairly low ISO.

Hi all. Ok I was very nervous about updating after reading through this thread. However update AC, 4 batteries and RC x 2. All ok.

Went out today and it flew like a dream. One 2 second GPS drop out. Flew away to about 800m out without issues. Beautiful day for flying here in Holmsbu, Norway. Have a great day all.

Attachments

• DJI_0019.JPG
    DJI_0019.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 65
Hi all. Ok I was very nervous about updating after reading through this thread. However update AC, 4 batteries and RC x 2. All ok.

Went out today and it flew like a dream. One 2 second GPS drop out. Flew away to about 800m out without issues. Beautiful day for flying here in Holmsbu, Norway. Have a great day all.
So nice we get the chance to see far away places and wonderful sites like this one! Cheers Norway, thanks!

Reactions: John Crooks
Guys..

I am experiencing problems with firmware upgrades lately with Inspire 1. Hoping someone can help. Here are my basics.
Inspire 1 firmware 1.6.00.4
RC firmware 1.5.7+
App v 2.7.1

When I attempted today to install 1.8 I did not get any beeps that indicate firmware install is progressing and finished.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Charles

The following has been released and available of the DJI.com website:

Inspire 1 Pro 1.8.1.00 & Inspire 1 1.8.1.00

Major Updates
1. Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission. Both the aircraft and the remote controller must be upgraded or else they will not link.
2. Fixed the issue of batteries over-discharging when stored for extended periods of time (over 90 days).

Notes
Be sure to upgrade the aircraft before upgrading the remote controller, otherwise the aircraft may not able to exit Transport mode properly.
Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries by using this firmware.
Camera version v1.8.1.00 and aircraft version v1.8.1.00 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

EDITED: This firmware requires batteries to be updated.
Any word when the idio....I mean when the wise wizards at DJI will release the IOS update?
I ask because, well gun shy really because as you know I'm sure there is a FW release for the P3P as well and the belief is that the problems thus far are related to the fact that with the recent P3P FW update was released with a Android only release and at least in my case both of my P3P's don't even see the 1.8.80 on the micro SD, Anyway enough about that!
Just when I think I've got DJI figured out; than I wake up all screaming:(

Last edited:
The following has been released and available of the DJI.com website:

Inspire 1 Pro 1.8.1.00 & Inspire 1 1.8.1.00

Major Updates

Notes
Be sure to upgrade the aircraft before upgrading the remote controller, otherwise the aircraft may not able to exit Transport mode properly.
Battery firmware is included in this All-in-One firmware update. Update all Intelligent Flight Batteries by using this firmware.
Camera version v1.8.1.00 and aircraft version v1.8.1.00 should be displayed on DJI GO as this update is only for the gimbal and camera system. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.

EDITED: This firmware requires batteries to be updated.
Was able to upgrade with no issues!

Guys..

I am experiencing problems with firmware upgrades lately with Inspire 1. Hoping someone can help. Here are my basics.
Inspire 1 firmware 1.6.00.4
RC firmware 1.5.7+
App v 2.7.1

When I attempted today to install 1.8 I did not get any beeps that indicate firmware install is progressing and finished.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Charles

RC must be turned off to start the update, maybe you missed that. Also microSD has to have only one .bin the latest.
And finally, check the .txt file in the card, there must be something there.

Thanks, I have done dozens of firmware updates on various Phantoms and Inspires. RC is off. Clean downloaded bin file in root directory of clean micro sd card, there can be no txt file reading "success", if there is no sequence of beeps ending in final sequence indicating update is finished.
Just weird.

Hi, done my update all good, however did notice (could be wrong) that start of update on aircraft took a little longer, also the D..D..D..D beeps seemed a lot quieter more of a dull motor shunt? did end with correct D..DD still not as beep as previous updates, could this be where some are going wrong misinterpreting the beeps which really are not ?
Did aircraft with RC off but like I said seemed a longer pause before starting than usual, of course could be me !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry