Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW 1.8.1.00 Issued 7 Apr 16

Since you have just updated firmware on all hardware devices don't forget to do an IMU calibration (on a cold aircraft) as well as a compass calibration and stick calibration.
From there on after you will not need to redo any calibrations but do always check mod values before every takeoff. (Lots on that on the forum)

i have done IMU calib once... when i got it. maybe a second time somwhere between 1.something and 1.4.00.10 i am on now... never had an issue... compass almost the same. i do check the mod values though and when needed i go and calibrate in my back yard i know there is nothing in the ground that could falsely calibrate the compass.

my2c

Reactions: The Editor
Hey guy, i got my inspire 1 pro this thursday, after doing the required update on firmware AC and RC, i only tested the drones camera indoors without even flying, today was the first flight i already had an inspire 1 with x3 so im no drone newbie, i took the inspire out of travel mode without problem and everything went normal drained one battery, then landed and changed the battery and received a warning about battery upgrade but i hover a little bit and found the drone unstable so i decided to land it and go to my office to upgrade the battery (i didn't have the FW on the sd) so when i tried to go to travel mode the drone went all the way down touching the ground and then back to flight mode, so i though maybe its a firmware issue and brought it to my office outside the case, contacted DJI and did some trouble shooting and they said it might be hardware issue, but we did all checkups of the Vision system and the info they are sending is fine, its frustrating because this a brand new drone with only 4 days in my hands, if read about this same issue on other FW releases im wondering if this might be FW related? appreciate your help

Reactions: ARF
when i tried to go to travel mode the drone went all the way down touching the ground and then back to flight mode
Sorry just a couple of questions to help understand the situation.
1. What was the surface below the VPS when this happened?
2. When you say it went back into "flight mode", did you mean landing gear lowered or raised?
3. Is this issue still existing and repeatable now?

Sorry just a couple of questions to help understand the situation.
1. What was the surface below the VPS when this happened?
2. When you say it went back into "flight mode", did you mean landing gear lowered or raised?
3. Is this issue still existing and repeatable now?

It was dirt ground, but ive being testing after i got to my office i have a video that the support from dji ask me to do...yes its still happening tomorrow ill keepup testing i already contacted my dealer but its a pain to send it back hoping their was some known issues :(

Looks like a genuine problem with the VPS during transformation between modes. It could be a hardware or software issue but I'm leaning towards hardware as there are many others with the latest firmware happily flying (or transforming) without issues. Normally I may suggest trying to roll back the firmware and updating it again, but this latest firmware with the encryption is a bit of a PITA because both the AC and RC firmware has to both be "in sync". However, might be worth a shot since you would otherwise have to return the unit anyway so what's the worst that can happen? (Famous last words).

It was dirt ground, but ive being testing after i got to my office i have a video that the support from dji ask me to do...yes its still happening tomorrow ill keepup testing i already contacted my dealer but its a pain to send it back hoping their was some known issues :(

since it is not used let it have you exchange by your dealer.
talk to support and ask for a written confirmation. tell them you work (if you do) in the industry and have a gig that needs to be done and that you do not have the time to wait for them to fiddle with it. the shop can send it back to the factory and get a brand new one while replacing your unit so their cost is ZERO.

i had one unit assembled badly (motor alignment) and i talked to support and die what i say above and the shop gave me a new one off the shelf sending my old one back to the netherlands to the main warehouse. that bad unit was exchanged for the shop as they gave me a new one. (a circle)

hope i could help.

hello, thnx for your replies i will take note on your tips until i receive news from my dealer! its more frustrating because im outside the us and waited 2 weeks for arrival and then everything was beautiful with the inspire first flight with the X5 (use to have a inspire 1 x3) but then this started happening and at first i thought it had to do with starting the craft and hovering at 1.5m with a non upgraded battery.

One question when i was trouble shooting with DJI support i notices that mi VPS has like breathing holes on the side, in one of the holes i can see a light blinking red and green might this be a warning? i know that anything blinking red is not good. BTW i did manage to get only one time the drone to travel mode while trouble shooting with DJI online support.

UPDATE: i posted on my facebook my issue and a friend of mine who has an inspire1 x3 for almost a year, says that his inspired just got the same problem as mine and his on site, he told me he updated the firmware this saturday, anyone else experiencing travelmode issues with FW 1.8.1?

Evening Guys.

I also seem to have a problem with the FW update.

I read the release notes, read this entire post for great tips and duly upgraded my New Pro to the latest FW.

All went well and confirmation of success was on the txt file.

However now when I connect the RC my status states normal but shows no FW versions or provides any option to upgrade my RC. I followed post #66 and synced profile, deleted app, reboot IPad, reinstall app, resynched have however status remains the same.

The RC states " No Signal" and will not enter travel mode either by the App or by the RC. I do have camera control via the app, movement, focus, format of SD card etc.

I would assume that my only option would now be to downgrade the FW and try again. Any suggestions before I proceed down this avenue would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Resolved by process of elimination and some great tips and info from "The Editor".

Once I had upgraded the airframe FW the RC wasant offering a FW upgrade because it was a brand new iPad mini that had not previously been connected however was logged into DJI through the server. I swapped the new iPad for a previous iPad Air I had been using and the option to upgrade the RC FW was immideatly available to which I then proceeded to update the RC with no issues.

I then reconnected with the new mini with no further issues, it's currently stating that the FW is "unknown" in the status but that should eventually synch after a while with the DJI servers.

Not a FW issue but an IOS issue, many thanks to "The Editor" for his assistance.

Reactions: futuraa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84