Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Heard that the included ESC FW is tuned for the v2.0 higher KV motors and v1 I1's will end up with lowered performance as a result in FW 1.5.

Anyone notice a difference?

A flight test to verify 22m/s in ATTI might be good for starters. Flight time deltas might also surface any differences.

Having updated my I1 using the X3 yesterday, I flew 4 flights this morning using the X5 without any issues. There were no problems or messages for flying the X5 without the .bin file on the MicroSD card.

I am getting a start up message in GO app referring to the Air System and Ground System firmware of 1.0.10 (for both) and mention of a DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware. This is not presently available on the Apple App Store (only Assistant 1.?). The message refers to added 1080p25, 720p30, 720p25 and 720p24 outputs and. Optimised video downlink performance.

Last edited:
Having updated my I1 using the X3 yesterday, I flew 4 flights this morning using the X5 without any issues. There were no problems or messages for flying the X5 without the .bin file on the MicroSD card.

I am getting a start up message in GO app referring to the Air System and Ground System firmware of 1.0.10 (for both) and mention of a DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware. This is not presently available on the Apple App Store (only Assistant 1.?). The message refers to added 1080p25, 720p30, 720p25 and 720p24 outputs and. Optimised video downlink performance.
Interesting. Those were the updates that were applied to the LB2 update which also came out this week.

So I have to run 5 batteries down to zero again and recharge after the new firmware is loaded?

No, you load the firmware and then you run batteries down to 0% (or less than 5%), but I guess this is what you mean.

However, I didn't do that, since my batteries where full when updated, I proceeded with my next assignment flying cautiously, took some pictures and some nice shots over POIs. Then I landed and drained the remaining capacity.

The trick is not to fly to Alaska and come back. Battery life shortens in every charging cycle, isn't it? So why spending it in every upgrade? I choose to be more practical but on the safe side.

Reactions: sirnikolas
Yup - I know what it is and I know that some people have suffered it, I just have been unable to reproduce it. Perhaps my packs are in better condition than some. However, I am not saying it is/was never a reality, just that I never suffered it (even trying on purpose to reproduce it). I have also been unable to in this release of FW.
That's why I would like to get peoples experience who have regularly suffered this anomaly to attempt to reproduce it now with this new firmware and confirm if it is fixed for them.
I have never had a battery drop issue by accident - but have provoked it a few times - did try to provoke it today - was not able to. Seems to be fixed - but I would still take care.

I have never had a battery drop issue by accident - but have provoked it a few times - did try to provoke it today - was not able to. Seems to be fixed - but I would still take care.
That's (potentially) good news :)
I would like to see a few more reports of people leaving their batteries at say 50 or 60 percent for a few days and then go fly them and report no issues.
It will also be interesting to see what happens if people allow their batteries to go into self discharge and THEN pick them up and fly them.
If all is well then we can really say this issue is fixed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide