Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New I1 Pro X5 no option for Manual/Auto focus!

Reaction score
Just got my new I1Pro with X5 camera and there is no option for manual/auto focus mode!

On my I1 that I fitted a X5 it recognised different lenses and asked to calibrate. But here is no option what so ever for this in the camera settings menu. Am I just being dumb here and have missed something?

I have tried fitting my Olympus 12mm and still no option for manual focus or lens calibration.

Just got my new I1Pro with X5 camera and there is no option for manual/auto focus mode!

On my I1 that I fitted a X5 it recognised different lenses and asked to calibrate. But here is no option what so ever for this in the camera settings menu. Am I just being dumb here and have missed something?

I have tried fitting my Olympus 12mm and still no option for manual focus or lens calibration.

Maybe the auto/manual focus ring on the lens is in the manual focus position?

Reactions: Predator
I had to power everything off and reboot AC/TX/iPad and it appeared. Refitted 15mm DJI lens and no MF or calibration option. Reboted everything and it appeared!. Ill see how this pans out right now its working and I have the option of AF/MF.

Thanks for the responses.

D

Does the x5 lens need calibrating every time you use it? I'm getting mixed results in my photos.

Does the x5 lens need calibrating every time you use it? I'm getting mixed results in my photos.
In the past the setting was tied to the device and not the aircraft. For example, if you shoot with an iPad and then switch to an iPhone, you would need to re-calibrate since the settings are stored in the application not the aircraft or camera itself. A real pain. We had a shoot where this reared it's ugly head and we didn't catch it until post since the iPhone is so small and hard to tell if it's in focus or not. I would recommend checking it for sure each time. I usually get up in the air and look for a good reference point without anything in the foreground to confuse it and then do the calibration for the focus. I'd rather be safe than sorry later when I go to post.

I now cannot fine this option with the latest update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips