Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire 1 owner

Reaction score
I got a great deal on an Inspire 1 complete and 3 batteries for $1000 and could not pass it up. I have not received it yet I am 107 certified and have been reading things about inspire1's that are now making me nervous...... !

Can anyone tell me more about some issues you have seen on Inspire 1's

also to I am buying this used and i am understanding that it wont fly if its registered owner is not logged into its go app? I have not seen that anywhere else....if true.. is there an owner transfer process?

I did confirm that it only gives you 3 days to update firmware or it locks it down.......?

I am already a Mavic Pro user and a Typhoon H user........ Is there a NFZ hassle with the Inspire...?

I do ALWAYS fly within the law.......

Reactions: tmaj9447
Welcome :)

Every one of your questions has been asked, and answered before.
Use the search button to find the right threads.
If you still have questions, ask in those threads :)
There is so much info on this site, it's really that simple, use the search button, (instead of starting another thread) :)

I dont judge anyone........ just made a calculated response..... no big deal....... I have been around along time and have REAL think skin and a calm attitude

Thank for your encouragement

My reply was Positive and Helpful, not sure why License pilot is shooting me downo_O.
Put the same questions into the "search" box and click enter.
Get directed to threads on the exact subject.
Post questions in those threads to get help on your exact subject.

Also, Keep in mind .....

40 people looked at your post, and not ONE OF THEM REPLIED. (I'm sure LP was one of them)

I was the ONLY ONE to offer ANY advice !!

This will be the LAST welcome post I'll ever perform, let them get 100 looks with zero replies !!

Bri Guy

Not a problem..... I am active on other pilot sites and its the same ..... If no one want to help....so be it....

I get it your just a direct person..... I know several guys like that .... not an issue really...

I do appreciate your replies..... I know this bird is a little more high end ....so the lack of response well we will see....

Thanks again for your help....

Reactions: Bri Guy
My reply was Positive and Helpful, not sure why License pilot is shooting me downo_O.
Put the same questions into the "search" box and click enter.
Get directed to threads on the exact subject.
Post questions in those threads to get help on your exact subject.

Also, Keep in mind .....

40 people looked at your post, and not ONE OF THEM REPLIED. (I'm sure LP was one of them)

I was the ONLY ONE to offer ANY advice !!

This will be the LAST welcome post I'll ever perform, let them get 100 looks with zero replies !!
Oh very helpful. Why waste your time even replying Bri Guy? Next time you have a question about something I will tell you to use Google or Alexa bud.

Last edited:
also to I am buying this used and i am understanding that it wont fly if its registered owner is not logged into its go app? I have not seen that anywhere else....if true.. is there an owner transfer process?

I did confirm that it only gives you 3 days to update firmware or it locks it down.......?

Anyone can fly it with the GoApp. It does not require any authentication from an existing owner to fly or to do any transfer.

You can fly with old firmware if you choose to. There is no 3 day lockdown.

Enjoy your Inspire 1.

Michael
www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Reactions: pulsar747n
There are no issues with lock down or the app or similar just do t upgrade the firmware unless you really really have to. If all is fine don't touch it ignore the prompts

Thanks everyone......That's all I was looking for ......... just confirmation off what I thought ....not what some others told me....

I got a great deal on an Inspire 1 complete and 3 batteries for $1000 and could not pass it up. I have not received it yet I am 107 certified and have been reading things about inspire1's that are now making me nervous...... !

Can anyone tell me more about some issues you have seen on Inspire 1's

I am already a Mavic Pro user and a Typhoon H user........ Is there a NFZ hassle with the Inspire...?

I do ALWAYS fly within the law.......
Hello you asked some good questions. You will get help here even if not right away. There are sour grapes everywhere;) I have held off on updates and never got locked out. Just take your time getting used to it. And follow the correct order and procedure for updates. As you will have to update I1 the radio and the batteries. It's a blast to fly and takes great pics and video's. Sounds like you got an awesome deal. Congrats and good luck !

Reactions: gsherwin
Thanks....... All my research tells me just what you said .......Dbrane..... and looking forward to flying it..... Just got it and now having it checked out a local DJI shop......just to be sure.....

Thanks again.........

Hi Jeff;
I'm a new Inspire 1 owner too (with some experience with other drones). So I am interested in your questions. As you get into the process I would like to hear about what your find. I got mine a week ago and haven't had much of a chance to start looking into it.

It looks pretty awesome though.

Thanks for the post (from another Inspire Noobie).

Phil

Hi Jeff;
I'm a new Inspire 1 owner too (with some experience with other drones). So I am interested in your questions. As you get into the process I would like to hear about what your find. I got mine a week ago and haven't had much of a chance to start looking into it.

It looks pretty awesome though.

Thanks for the post (from another Inspire Noobie).

Phil

Welcome to the club Jeff,

This is the place to get a lot of your questions answered. We are all here in this forum to learn from each other.

Tell me more about your new Inspire. What camera system did yours come with and how many batteries do you have?.

Quick word of caution: I too am a newer owner and discovered the hard way half a dozen flights in that if you let the battery get too low with smart return to home on, it will automatically jump in to RTH when the battery hits what it calculates to be the necessary power remaining to safely take you home. Had this happen under an oak tree and by the time I hit the cancel button (and then confirmed I wanted to cancel!) it had already climber in to the tree costing me $615 of damage and almost 2 months of down time waiting for DJI to repair.

I shut off the smart return to home now. I am a capable pilot and can make those decisions on my own.

Also, while cycling some batteries recently I discovered that the man remaining and % remaining is typically off to protect the battery. I was able to keep my Inspire in the air long after the battery reached zero percent with very healthy looking numbers for voltages. If you have RC experience outside DJI products you might be more in tune with this. The Inspire will however try to land itself at critical battery unless you constantly keep some up pressure on your left stick (throttle/altitude). I imagine it will continue to hover with some pressure there until the batteries actually flatline.

Hope this helps as it isn't written about anywhere that I found and I spent countless hours on YouTube and forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk