Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire came without 8 pin data connectors for iPad tablet.

Reaction score
Did the first and second batch come with the apple 8 pin data (6") cords from the controller to the tablet?, or did they only come with two android style wires? I found it interesting they didn't come included with the Inspire I received today. I will now have to buy the short wires to go to my iPad Air 2. UGH, another 40 dollars for two short wires. I don't want the long wires coiled up. Anyone?

Did the first and second batch come with the apple 8 pin data (6") cords from the controller to the tablet?, or did they only come with two android style wires? I found it interesting they didn't come included with the Inspire I received today. I will now have to buy the short wires to go to my iPad Air 2. UGH, another 40 dollars for two short wires. I don't want the long wires coiled up. Anyone?

I purchased an iPad Air 2 also and the charging cord that is included will also connect to the controller so you should be able to use that and not need to purchase an additional wire. The end of the wire that is connected to the plug should connect to your controller and the connection to your iPad will stay connected just as if you were charging it.. Good luck.

Well sure - but you're correctly identifying that such a purchase is on you. I was addressing those that think it should have come with one (who have been more than just the original poster)

Apple's cables have a proprietary 'Lightning' adapter. The supplied cables are generic USB 3 connectors which happen to be capable of connecting to Android devices. I believe the reason they are included is for communication between a PC / Mac and the Inspire.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop