Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Inspire on the Way????

The recent drop across the board on prices for everything except the M600 is a signal. I can't remember a single time when DJI dropped prices like this when it wasn't followed up by new releases. Given the P4 is so recent I'm guessing minor if any upgrades on it, possibly the future ability for optical zoom. But, the Inspire series is long over due for a major upgrade. It's fun to speculate what might be offered but, they will bring it in at a premium to the current Inspire airframes but, probably dead between the costs of the M600 and the I1x5r. I'm holding tight right now. I think that if they do bring out an update this year it will likely be close to October for the holiday season.

Reactions: Mike Shockley
A price drop doesn't mean anything. Especially when factored against increasing competition from companies such as Yuneec. The current Inspire has many different variations, including ones that are not long released. The camera is the main part of the equation, and that is not only modular, but is compatible across the board. Any new Inspire would most likely be priced at a premium, above the current models. So again, a price drop doesn't make much sense with that in mind.

Looks like they are driving competition out of the marketplace.

Word to the wise... if you're not aware, do firmware upgrades on the aircraft first and then the controller second.

I don't know how long DJI will take to integrate Ping's ADSB module, but it doesn't look that hard to do. Perhaps the next generation of DJI machines will incorporate this technology.

"DJI, the world’s leading maker of unmanned aerial vehicles, and uAvionix, manufacturer of drone and aircraft collision avoidance technology, announced they will collaborate on an ADSB based collision avoidance to help integrate drones into the national airspace system and help keep America’s skies safe."

A price drop doesn't mean anything. Especially when factored against increasing competition from companies such as Yuneec. The current Inspire has many different variations, including ones that are not long released. The camera is the main part of the equation, and that is not only modular, but is compatible across the board. Any new Inspire would most likely be priced at a premium, above the current models. So again, a price drop doesn't make much sense with that in mind.

I don't think DJI gives a rats *** about Yuneec, especially when Yuneec doesnt have a camera that is even remotely good

AMG, competition is competition. If you think that DJI isn't going to see a threat from other companies, you are very, very, wrong. Yuneec products are gaining in popularity, and from the results I have seen, their camera is very similar to the X3 (it uses the same sensor for one thing). A company that arrogantly overlooks their competitors is one that fails. On the outset DJI will appear confident. But you can bet that they are looking at their rivals very closely! That's how the real world outside of internet forums works.

AMG, competition is competition. If you think that DJI isn't going to see a threat from other companies, you are very, very, wrong. Yuneec products are gaining in popularity, and from the results I have seen, their camera is very similar to the X3 (it uses the same sensor for one thing). A company that arrogantly overlooks their competitors is one that fails. On the outset DJI will appear confident. But you can bet that they are looking at their rivals very closely! That's how the real world outside of internet forums works.
You're right IMO.
The IBM PC dominated the market completely for some time but we all know what happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1