Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New IPAD Pro 9.7 inch with Inspire!

A game changer that's not listed as compatible?
Inspire 1 Pro - Specifications, FAQ, video tutorials, manuals and DJI GO | DJI

Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

I suspect it not being listed is a matter of them not updating their compatibility list vs. it not being compatible. Clearly others are using them. It's it a game changer???? Only if your game is "can I fly outside without a sun shield".

The app accesses certain functions via the OS, I suspect that as long as the OS returns the requested information, or performs the requested service, it'll work. It's just a matter of horsepower then, and the app doesn't actually do a hardware certification. Could be wrong. I've had apps that did in the past, they got over that headache and just started throwing up disclaimers if you didn't meet the hardware performance spec. But they let you work.

I have the original mini, which isn't listed, but it will sync up and fly the bird. I did that in the backyard as a proof of concept. Others have expressed that the early mini doesn't have the cojones to keep up. Maybe so, I'm not going to test it out further.

Im thinking to buy one of these, should be great because much faster processor and double ram (2gb to 4gb) than Air 2.

I think people are misinterpreting my post.
When I said "game Changer" I meant the screen being much brighter in sunlight so you can see it better.
The other specs don't really matter as far as using it as a drone monitor and app!

Im thinking to buy one of these, should be great because much faster processor and double ram (2gb to 4gb) than Air 2.
The 12.9 inch iPad Pro has the 4GB. The 9.7 Pro only has 2G of RAM. The 9.7 Pro is basically the same as the Air 2 except the processor is faster, the cameras are better and it has more colors in the display for what they call True Tone

If your're buying it just for the screen, the updated ram and screen along with the camera isn't going to make a difference as far as using it as a monitor with the drone apps.
The only advantage I can see is the brighter screen capabilities using it outside.

I tried my iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday in the bright sun, screen is better less reflection, lag is still there about 0.1 second. Overall iPad Pro 9.7 is a tad better than my iPad mini 4 and much better than my Mini 2 (which will be handed to my grand son).

The iPad Mini with a sun-shield imho is horrible. Can't see nothing. The reflection off the screen will blind you.
Any improvement is a game changer! Being able to see something over nothing changes the whole game!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst