Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Lightbridge antenna system....video inside....

Interesting. I'll take one.

Just to clarify, I don't sell these and I have no affiliation...just wanted to give you all a heads up on an antenna system that I'm going to buy as soon as it arrives...

I'm currently only getting about 3000' before the video on my Inspire starts glitching and that's unacceptable....

I already went through that whole booster amps phase with my P2V+, not interested in that route anymore. I want something that fits in my stock case and this fits....

Thanks for the likes people! Just trying to help out the community!

Subscribed. I know you don't sell them, but I'll purchase when they're ready from whomever does [emoji3]

Just to clarify, I don't sell these and I have no affiliation...just wanted to give you all a heads up on an antenna system that I'm going to buy as soon as it arrives...

I'm currently only getting about 3000' before the video on my Inspire starts glitching and that's unacceptable....

I already went through that whole booster amps phase with my P2V+, not interested in that route anymore. I want something that fits in my stock case and this fits....

Thanks for the likes people! Just trying to help out the community!
I would expect him to have great results with the the device over the area he is flying. There's really no obstructions out there. To be honest, I've put my phantom 3 through two trials on distance. Yesterday, I sent it out 10,800 feet and still had video. My longest is 16,624 and still had video with two yellow bars. This is stock.

My interest is flying in my neighborhood where there are lots of trees and homes. Also at areas with lots of vegetation. I'd like to see this guy do a video over some obstructions to see how it performs. I can generally get 3,000 feet on my phantom 3 in my neighborhood. I like to fly over a golf course after hours and can't fully complete the full distance. That is why this interests me. Long distances really don't interested me that much. I don't want to risk having a painful return flight because of low battery. But what I do want is consistent view for 3,000-5,000 feet in obstructed areas.

Can you have him test this type of location?

You'll have to better describe "obstructed areas"...are you saying the bird would be flying below the tree line? We normally refrain from flying over residential areas...

I would expect him to have great results with the the device over the area he is flying. There's really no obstructions out there. To be honest, I've put my phantom 3 through two trials on distance. Yesterday, I sent it out 10,800 feet and still had video. My longest is 16,624 and still had video with two yellow bars. This is stock.

My interest is flying in my neighborhood where there are lots of trees and homes. Also at areas with lots of vegetation. I'd like to see this guy do a video over some obstructions to see how it performs. I can generally get 3,000 feet on my phantom 3 in my neighborhood. I like to fly over a golf course after hours and can't fully complete the full distance. That is why this interests me. Long distances really don't interested me that much. I don't want to risk having a painful return flight because of low battery. But what I do want is consistent view for 3,000-5,000 feet in obstructed areas.

Can you have him test this type of location?
Hey delirious. .
You are correct about flying over obstructed areas ..
When the op did his test those were favorable conditions for a ldf..
I have a stage 1 fpvlr antennas and have got similar range as the op in favorable conditions, but over obstructed areas I get about 4000 to 6000 feet ..
I would expect about 10000 to 12000 feet with amps over an obstructed area..
I'll be able to confirm what a stage 2 fpvlr does over an obstructed area by the end of the week from two different pilots. .
turbo. ..

The lightbridge stock is very good. For LDF over open areas. Look at all the youtube videos on distance. They all are over farmland. So, If I can go 10,000 feet, why would I want this? Well, I want something for obstructed areas to get better flight without video cut out. To me, this isn't necessary for stock units as they will go pretty darn far......upper end of battery range as is. I want something for consistent close flight for obstructed areas.

The lightbridge stock is very good. For LDF over open areas. Look at all the youtube videos on distance. They all are over farmland. So, If I can go 10,000 feet, why would I want this? Well, I want something for obstructed areas to get better flight without video cut out. To me, this isn't necessary for stock units as they will go pretty darn far......upper end of battery range as is. I want something for consistent close flight for obstructed areas.

Hey guys, sorry I never noticed this thread going on...

In regards to distance versus location... you'll only see me fly like this out in the boonies ... we don't promote any sort of flying over neighborhoods or residential type areas, parks or anywhere the public has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

That being said... I had flown the P3 in the same spot and was getting 9100ft at the same altitude with the stock setup (pretty darn far but not anywhere near the upper battery range)... I could push 2 miles if I climbed higher but I want to stay down under 400ft for the picky folks out there.

So that's where the antenna comes in I guess... now I can run out the battery in any direction I want and not have to climb too high so the ground shots are pretty sweet.

So folks will decide based on what distance they get at their fly spot... and if they want more this will boost that just by making your ground station more sensitive and directional... but if you are trying to shoot through trees and buildings then your increase will be less than others with more open area.

As with the last antenna for the P2V+ it will hit the streets and folks will chime in and give a better idea of where and how it works and in what types of environments ... and that last antenna got some killer reviews in congested areas.

I fly over wooded areas as well. These areas are away from people and neighborhoods. What I'd like to know is how has this type area been tested? Doesn't have to be populated areas. But above and beyond trees can be a problem where they act as obstructions. What I would like to see is a before and after test of something demonstrating an obstacle. There are no obstacles where you are flying.

Say guys like the Bigfoot searchers go out and look for Bigfoot. What will this do for a flyer when they are amongst the trees.....ok, I watch too much animal planet on TV

I personally enjoy flying amongst the trees picking my way thru them. This antenna might be just what I'm looking for to help with penetration of trees and other obstructions. Very interested.
I take it this will be more directional than the stock antennas as it will need to be pointing towards the bird?

My application is for looking for ferral hogs on farmland. Locate them and then go take care of them.

So, I'd want to stay right above the trees.

Hey guys, sorry I never noticed this thread going on...

In regards to distance versus location... you'll only see me fly like this out in the boonies ... we don't promote any sort of flying over neighborhoods or residential type areas, parks or anywhere the public has a reasonable expectation of privacy.

That being said... I had flown the P3 in the same spot and was getting 9100ft at the same altitude with the stock setup (pretty darn far but not anywhere near the upper battery range)... I could push 2 miles if I climbed higher but I want to stay down under 400ft for the picky folks out there.

So that's where the antenna comes in I guess... now I can run out the battery in any direction I want and not have to climb too high so the ground shots are pretty sweet.

So folks will decide based on what distance they get at their fly spot... and if they want more this will boost that just by making your ground station more sensitive and directional... but if you are trying to shoot through trees and buildings then your increase will be less than others with more open area.

As with the last antenna for the P2V+ it will hit the streets and folks will chime in and give a better idea of where and how it works and in what types of environments ... and that last antenna got some killer reviews in congested areas.

How much for the mod and do you do the install?

Looks like the antenna kit itself is going to come in right at a hundred bucks... I will be posting a tutorial video on Modding the controller very soon... and Yes, I'm also doing the mods. PM for details.

I fly over wooded areas as well. These areas are away from people and neighborhoods. What I'd like to know is how has this type area been tested? Doesn't have to be populated areas. But above and beyond trees can be a problem where they act as obstructions. What I would like to see is a before and after test of something demonstrating an obstacle. There are no obstacles where you are flying.

Say guys like the Bigfoot searchers go out and look for Bigfoot. What will this do for a flyer when they are amongst the trees.....ok, I watch too much animal planet on TV

heh heh … I watch too much animal planet as well...

Anyway... as I mentioned above... the antenna will be tested in all sorts of conditions soon by people all over the map in all sorts of flight conditions so just give it some time to sort itself out before deciding... no rush. Nothing shows a product's performance better than customer reviews! ;)

I take it this will be more directional than the stock antennas as it will need to be pointing towards the bird?

To a certain extent Yes... as you get out to longer distances then the panel gets more and more directional... but in around your flight zone it has a very wide area of sensitivity.

For example

Reactions: sirnikolas
He's briefly told me that preorders will open in a couple of days.

What I'd like to know is:
Can all 4 female connectors be 90 degree so that I can fit the DBS kit to my already existing male connectors. Please se attached pic.
2015-06-07 01.36.11.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool